*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

2. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nice to know this, I was under the impression the 9th gen wasnt worth it because, while it had increased clock speeds, it had higher temperatures and not much gains to justify.

If it is not to much trouble, would you mind mentioning some of the key benefits of the 9th gen?

Perhaps I'll consider publishing mine on marketplace and picking up the 9SE when it goes on sale in eBay.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

dmemon likes this.
  3. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wouldnt recommend getting the late 2019 9xx series just for 9th gen. I just happened to get a deal on a used one off ebay for below $1K (no damage) and just went with fine tuning it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

4. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Personally I'd wait for next gen

5. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    The price of the GS66 makes me cry on the inside...

6. eurodj101

Reputations:
    They already set a price on it im actually waiting on this.....plan o getting one bu years end if its what i hope it is

LoneSyndal likes this.
  7. eurodj101

Reputations:
    from what ive read and seen by having both in hand...mught be me being crazy...9th gen deck seems stiffer....also may be the reaosn why its bout 200grams heavier......9th gen...at leats mine has some of that thermal reflective film under the deck in the postision were the ssds and ram go....maybe it a coincidence and all have it but the pics ive seen of 8th gen dont....9th gen doetn have the rivet causing the ribbon cable of the kb to break.....there's some for ya

8. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for this, and Regarding the rivet, this was addressed in laptops manufactured after, I want to say, 2018/05 (2018/07 it was definitely fixed 'cause that's the one I bought).

Perhaps I'll list mine for sale and try and grab the new one, one can dream!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

dmemon and LoneSyndal like this.
  9. eurodj101

Reputations:
    Id say save up for gs66 thats my plan anyways assuming it is what i think it will be,,,,which is pretty much my wishlist for what the gs65 should be....better thermals, better battery more power
    one thing im on the lookout is the heatsink design i recon it might be the same exact layout as what we have now with better fans.....if this comes out to be true we might be able to swap in those new fans into ours.....wishful thinking

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  10. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    In regards to the later 2019 Gs65, it is quite sturdy in comparison to the 2080mq 8xx version I initially used at the start of 2019. If anything, no creaks under regular use and handling.

I do however want the GS66, but the pricing for 300Hz and more makes the total around 3.1k USD from what I remember reading. Hopefully it becomes way more affordable after a year and with ampere.