*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Zuanvl

Zuanvl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    does someone have vbios 90watt for gs65 2070 max q?

2. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I had sent the laptop to the service center to replace with the thermal paste with Kyronaut (Can't do it myself as it will void warranty in India). After putting in the paste and running cinebench r20 with an undervolt of -145mV, Core 2 went to 90C in 2-4 seconds while Core 0 and 4 were around the 87-89C mark. Core 1,3,5 were sitting around 76-78C. The core ratios hit 39 to begin with, but almost instantly started falling before settling at 33x. The score came out to be 2500 with the undervolt (previously used to hit 2800 approx). Without the undervolt, the score was 2250.

Do you guys think its a bad application of the paste or bad heatsink (tilted) or bad installation of heatsink?

PS: The laptop isn't there with me. Its still with the service center. They let me remotely connect and run the tests.

3. N123

N123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sorry for my ignorance but are these throttlestop settings?: "3.2GHz all core turbo is the sweet spot, then 3.4GHz 3-4 core and 3.6GHz 2 and 1 core...."

4. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I do 3.4 cause during games i can really push to 3.6-3.7 no issues but i get no real fps benefits from it

5. eurodj101

Reputations:

According to hwinfo after using it for 8 hours nonstop and gaming on it for a couple of hours the max temp on my drives was 50-51...i did end up buying the copper thin heatsinks....plan on doing those at some point but he temp range so far falls in line with what u said i shold have..guess these sabrent drives dont run as hot as i thought....i know my evo 970 and 960 are hotter

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  6. mediadoctor

mediadoctor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here you go

Attached Files:

Zuanvl and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  7. itzlinky

itzlinky Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

Just purchased the 2019 BB model with the 512GB Kingston SSD.

I am hoping to replace it with two WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSDs.

What would be the best process to do this?

My planned approach was to connect and format one of the WD SN750 SSD via external enclosure and use Macrium to clone the Kingston SSD.

Afterwards, I was going to open and change the drives out.

I just wasn't sure if I would have any issues with the PC reading the drives properly as I've read some folks in this thread had some issues when they added a secondary drive. Looks like for some it was just a formatting issue or simply swapping around the SSD between slot 1 & 2.

My concern is slightly different since I would be changing the main drive and filling both slots with new drives.

Thanks for any tips anyone may have!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  8. eurodj101

Reputations:
    Weird mine came with a toshiba one... which model u get?? also clean install, it takes less time and i find it best so u can install everything urself and no bloatware....install ur drives load windows installer ona usb and 15 minutes later ull have clean install, update windows then install ur video driver and msi silent optin to control ur fans...and ur good to go!!

itzlinky, N123 and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  9. eurodj101

Reputations:
    Anyone overclock their 2060 mine is running o average 1450-1500 but no matter how i raise it in MSI afternurner it stays around ther at 75 degress temp also timespy score is 6109 no idea if this is good or bad ...i still have some more tinkering to do with the heatsink but ibroke my hand so have to wait a bit to take her apart again cpu hover around 72 at 3.9 in timespy also got 14249 in
    firetrike, this any good?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Shoehorn likes this.
  10. N123

N123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Agree with the clean install option . . . I initially cloned my drive and the system worked but there were hiccups here and there that ultimately were too problematic. I was concerned about doing a clean Windows 10 install but when I finally just did this all the drivers were found automatically and it was very easy/quick and the system ran perfectly after this. In retrospect, I would have just done the clean install to begin with and it would have been much easier and the end result would be better....