*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, it's just Cinebench 20 its test lasts for a short time. In Battlefield V i'm getting 87-90C with some rare thermal throttling.
    I'm on stock paste with -0.145 undervolt. Nothing special.

I would be happy to do this, but it looks like these sliders do nothing for me in TS and XTU. Maybe Acer did some deeper lock-in BIOS. And Acer never releases unlocked bios for its machines...

2. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Rare thermal throttling with stock paste in BF V is really good actually. Can't really expect much more from these thin laptops.

3. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you guys recommend an evelope-type bag for MSI Stealth? I'm looking for something minimalistic, what I can later put into my backpack.

4. Qwaarjet

Qwaarjet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBOIYU8/ is what I use when I travel. I feel my backpack has enough protection day to day for short trips but I'll toss it in here for extended trips.

It's not a true hard case, but the lip that surrounds the edge can provides a bumper if your backpack happens to have a hard landing. It's not crush proof but it does provide a little protection on the outer edges. For a cheap case, works fine.

vorob likes this.
  5. Zuanvl

Zuanvl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't do anything with bios but I undervolt the CPU for -150 using intel xtu
    sorry for replying to your message late because I'm busy with college

6. Pommie

Pommie Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just had an MSI GS65 with RTX2060 delivered. In the process of setting it up. First impressions are positive. Quite impressed with how thin and light it is. Construction is not too bad. Not quite up to par with a Macbook or Razer Blade, but a decent effort. Just in the process of setting it up. Not impressed that the 512gig SSD came partitioned. Had to delete the D: partition which took me a while of messing around trying to remember how to do it. Not sure why MSI would of set it up that way.

I think a hard case would be good to protect this thing when travelling with it. Saw a suggestion above, also considering the Thule Gauntlett hard case, anyone use this one yet? Does it fit the GS65 well?

7. N123

N123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have this version of the Thule Gauntlet case's which you can still find from certain vendors and it fits this laptop perfectly with room for the charging cable/mouse/etc--I really like it's compact size and construction. Not sure if other versions of the Gauntlet (ex 3.0) will fit or not:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1149676-REG/thule_tmpa115_15_macbook_pro.html?fromDisList=y

8. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    where do we change Pl1 again?

9. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In XTU, under voltage config section, there will be a slider whose value by default will be 45W.

10. Zuanvl

Zuanvl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    does anyone know where i can find msi silent option for msi gs65 9gen?