*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Inverhyt

Inverhyt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there any way I could go about figuring out information about this or someone I could ask?

I see a whole bunch of people have done it and if there's no extra wear I don't see a problem with doing it but if there is, I doubt that's worth the extra 1000 score in firestrike. If there isn't, free performance upgrade!

2. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It might be.

I tried 2 different XPG SX8200 PROs, luckily my retailer is top notch! <3 Computer Alliance (Brisbane).

Both had different firmware revisions. Sadly I didn't write down the revision for my 1st one.

Anyway, both had the same issues. I first noticed speeds were not as advertised, I thought that for the price and my workflow it wasn't a big deal (about 2500/2700).

I swapped it for another with improved read/write around 2800/2800 or 2900/2900. Different firmware but alas same problem.

I mean it works IF you can avoid any sort of crash or forced shutdown. But no one is free from the occasional BSOD. Or freeze and forced shut down. It would stop working once that happened.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't know who to contact for this to be honest or how to figure out the information without having the circuit diagrams at hand.
    Even if the distortion levels are high, I wouldn't expect to affect it soon. Its more of a long time thing, in the tune of 2.5-3.5 years.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  4. MagnyCours

MagnyCours Newbie

Reputations:
    Faced an identical issue with my 1TB XPG SX8200 PRO I installed into the 2nd NVME slot. Worked fine for a day until it refuses to boot into BIOS or windows and gets stuck in the MSI logo splash-screen. Removed the drive and everything was back to normal. It's bizarre...

5. xLima

Reputations:
    Man so bummed out, got it on sale, pretty good price and amazing reviews.

To bad is failed and took about 16 hours of my life troubleshooting.

Ended up selling for $15.00 loss, so not too bad.

6. Inverhyt

Reputations:
    I had that same exact issue directly after I installed dragon center. I had to remove both hard drives, put it all back together so it would boot to BIOS and then updated the BIOS to the latest version and that seemed to have fixed it. I had to boot windows in safe mode before it would actually boot properly however. Never installing that again.

7. qwertzpop

qwertzpop Newbie

Reputations:
    Just bought the 2060 GS65 version from Best Buy and been having some issues with videos and streams on my external monitor. When I try to watch a twitch stream, if I move my mouse off of the video player, the stream video freezes and audio continues to play until I move my mouse back on top of the video player. When I watch a video on youtube, if I move my mouse off of the video player, the video stutters for a second while still playing audio then resumes playing. This only seems to happen with my external monitor (HDMI connection), with no issues when using the laptop screen. I've updated my Intel Graphics Drivers and the NVIDIA ones, but can't seem to fix this problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: The issue was with hardware acceleration being on, turning it off fixed this.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  8. Inverhyt

Reputations:
    So I flashed my laptop with the Razer 2070 Max-Q BIOS, plus another one after the core clock wouldn't budge past the default. Both Razer vBOIS' will not hit boost clocks, which is pretty detrimental considering that's the entire reason for doing it. I was wondering if there was any reason why the GPU is stuck on base clock when flashed with a different vbios. When I'm on my stock BIOS it does work fine.

Everything else works fine in both BIOS', just not the boost clock. Maybe I need to use the Asus one?

9. xLima

Reputations:
    Uninstall your NVIDIA driver's and reinstall them and report back. (Preferably using DDU)

10. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys,

I think I may be having trouble with DX12 titles. BF V works fine in DX11 mode, but crashes on starting in DX12 mode. Same goes for 3DMark. Firestrike works fine, but TimeSpy crashes on starting. Anyone know whats up?

Edit 1: Already tried using DDU in safe mode.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019