*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It’s in the latest version of DC2.
    I set mine to maximize battery longevity (50% I believe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeremyshaw and Hyp3rSoniX like this.
  2. Boardss

Boardss Newbie

Reputations:
    Hei guys!
    I have 2070max q version, just run Fire Strike and got 14350. Is that good for everything stock or it is too low?
    Here are lot ow information about what can you do to improve this graphic performance, bet what would recommend for users which are new to doing this? Simple steps?

3. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hey there,

Regarding the Killer Wi-Fi issues, try clean installing to the latest version of the Killer Control Center by following this guide - https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/.

If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, please reach out to us directly by filling out the form here - http://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/ - which will also allow you to submit a diagnostic.

However, considering some of the other strange issues that you are encountering with your machine, you may want to start with either reinstalling Windows, or contacting the manufacturer for repair or RMA. It sounds like there are some serious problems with the machine as a whole. Most of the problems that you mentioned could be caused by power supply issues, which would also cause wireless drops.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

4. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you install DC2, set this up and uninstall DC2 and have it stick?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

5. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I installed it, set it up, then disabled it in task manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A. Saldana and xLima like this.
  6. Ekami

Ekami Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The network issues (wlan and wifi) has nothing to do with the machine. I also encountered very high lag spikes and disconnections then I unticked the "Advanced stream detect" and all the disconnections were gone... but the lags remained. So I decided to remove the entire Killer software suite and just install the Intel drivers and oh... magically all the lags were gone. I spent days trying to figure out what was happening but now I know one thing for sure: I won't install any Killer software again. And I'm not the only one affected by this issue, here take a look:

7. Mikhailovich Liovsky

Mikhailovich Liovsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The default MS Windows Intel Wi-Fi drivers wouldn't work properly, I got "ssl bad record mac alert" when opening webpages. You need to install the Killer WiFi drivers --just the drivers, don't install their control panel BS.

Edit: I used the ones on the MSI 2019 GS65 support page

Further edit for clarity.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would do the same by removing the driver package completely, then do driver-only install to verify.

9. Ekami

Ekami Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hum that's weird. The killer wifi card we have in the GS65 and the Intel 9560 are **exactly** the same card so that should work. Here is the message I got from Zoltan (HIDEvolution) to help me get rid of the killer software suite:

> So let's do a test to remove the current Killer driver and all the Killer Suite( https://mega.nz/#!GRBmmYjC!sk1Jt43bZEkYgEIEbEjOpGaxA7tvDc6O5efxJYGhORY ) and then install the Intel 9560 driver( https://mega.nz/#F!KYRSCCSJ!dvPWiobOLrFszcpNYHqEvw ) Then please test you games and let me know if it is anything changed.

Hope it helps.

10. Mikhailovich Liovsky

Mikhailovich Liovsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry I should have been clearer in my post, I meant to say default MS Windows drivers (which identify it as an Intel Wi-Fi card) after I did a fresh OS install. It's that default driver that was causing issues for me.