*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Ekami

Ekami Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh ok, thanks a lot! :)

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Svet is one of the top modders who reverse engineered BIOS, EC, and VBIOS firmware of MSI systems and he has in-depth knowledge with them.

3. Ekami

Ekami Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay. Tbh even if I can trust the guy I have to be honest, I'm freaked out by the idea of flashing my BIOS lol. I'll prob try to find another solution before taking this path.

Wanted to ask you another question: When on battery the system downclocks itself to 1.6ghz, that really downgrade the user experience while browsing the web or even doing non-demanding tasks. I tried to tweak a few things here and there with Windows power options and dragon center but I still get this 1.6 downclock. Ideally, I would like to disable Intel SpeedStep and Intel Hyperthreading when the computer is on battery instead of downclocking it to 1.6ghz (this way the notebook stays at its base 2.2ghz speed). Is there a way to do that from the BIOS without having to flash it? Thanks!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  4. laisanity2000

laisanity2000 Newbie

Reputations:
    GS65 doesn't have g-sync. But does it have free sync?
    I don't really know what g sync is but it seems like people are saying at 144hz g-sync doesn't matter too much. I have no clue. is g sync the same as free sync? There seems to be something called adaptive sync too?

5. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Managed to flash the ASUS Strix II 90W RTX 2060 VBIOS. Followed Hackness guide from the 2018 GS65 Board.

Previous graphic score average was 16500. Personal best of 17000.

Post flash

17439 on graphic OC to 220/250 core/mem

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

6. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Are you seeing realistic gains in FPS while gaming? Also, how did the temps react?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  7. ctlaltdefeat

ctlaltdefeat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got mine and I suspect I may have a problem with the fans, could you help me check?
    Only one of the fans seems to be operational, the other showing as 0 RPM all the time.
    In Dragon Center when using Cooler Boost, this is how it looks like:
    https://i.imgur.com/Awczptz.png

How does it look like for you guys?

EDIT: Opened the case up, indeed the CPU fan doesn't spin. Probably shipping-related.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  8. xLima

Reputations:
    Funny, I don't have any games installed on it. At least not demanding or triple AAA.

Temperature on Firestrike GPU Maxed out at 68°C.

kshnandi likes this.
  9. ptr23q

ptr23q Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys i posted this before, but ive had the same issue occur again and i cant seem to fix it.

My GS65 wont play audio through any headphones again. It was fine out of the box and for a few weeks but then it suddenly stopped playing any audio with headphones connected. I solved the issue last time by using the MSI driver updating software to download the Realtek Audio driver and reinstalling. All of a sudden this morning again, nothing comes out when headphones are connected.

This time ive tried uninstalling and re-installing numerous driver versions but nothing is working. The speakers work fine.

This is extremely frustrating. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what is happening?

10. xLima

Reputations:
    Man I know someone somewhere on this thread or the 2018 GS65 thread posted The order in which you need to install Realtek and nahimic. If I find it I'll post link.