The Official 1722/GX720 Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by electrosoft, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Automatikjack

Automatikjack Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What I meant to say is dell says these cards are 4870s but they show up as 4850s (or something like that I forget), thanks for the info, but I already have it covered. I just purged the whole situation from my memory because it no longer matters, 50 or 70 she's still like 5 generations old

2. Ploddit

Ploddit Newbie

Reputations:
    Well my ebAy sourced like for like replacement works fine, and I have sent my original for reballing.
    Back to X16 is welcome.
    As I still use it I look at upgrades it's easy and relatively cheap to find a good CPU, 8 GB ram is around but not cheap, an SSD would be nice for gaming, it's just the GPU which holds the rest back.
    So still going hard after six years again with a thorough clean very often.

3. Automatikjack

Reputations:
    If my tweaker roommate didn't drop mine or whatever they did to it (long story) itd still be running, but since the hinge is buggered I just have it sitting off to the side, albeit still fully functional

4. encor50

encor50 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hello guys i have the GX720 and im looking for a screen bazel and back cover with the screen support bracket and i looked everywhere i want to fix it so i can sell it or give it as a gift
    thanx

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    According to MSI, this SKU is completely EOL therefore no parts were available anymore.
    Check on eBay or NBR marketplace and see if you can find it.

6. Automatikjack

Reputations:
    That would be my guess. These computers, though awesome, are outdated and an obsolete screen ratio. I'm further bummed because I have a very lush panel and it had amazing color.

7. encor50

encor50 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i already tried the support they dont have that anymore but if someone have this laptop not working anymore or something like that ?

8. Ploddit

Ploddit Newbie

Reputations:
    Keep checking ebay, they pop up.

9. Marv06

Marv06 Newbie

Reputations:
    I own MSI 1722 ID2 and I wanted to do some upgrades , so I read all posts but links on front page doesn’t work , can anybody tell my if topic :

If you're interested in the i7 version of the 1722 (AKA MSI-1727 / GT740), please go here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=435164

still exist ?

Also I need newest firmware and BIOS , so if anybody could send it to me I would be grateful ;-)

As far I understand the best graphic card that I can upgrade to is 4850 , will this model fit in my motherboard : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ATI-...5870-HD4870-Graphic-Card-DDR5/1388840444.html ?

What CPU will work with 4850 better ? Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 CPU 3.06 GHz or X9100
    6M Cache, 3.06 GHz , one has a lower TDP but other has more cache ?
    Thank You in advance
    PS : Dollar is going up and Cyber Monday I soon I want to make my decision as fast as possible

10. Tom77

Tom77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

I looking for MSI GX720 (MS-1722) LCD left steel bracket.
    [​IMG]
    Like this
    Low price please :)

Thank you
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.