*The Offical MSI GX60 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by layjohn, Oct 12, 2012.

1. James Sunderland

James Sunderland Newbie

Reputations:
    has anyone had their keyboard stop working on certain keys? anyone have a solution?

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It can be caused by multiple factors, but that's pretty much a defective keyboard which requires to be replaced.
    The part isn't expensive if you search for it on eBay, and replacement process is simple and easy. :)

3. James Sunderland

James Sunderland Newbie

Reputations:
    turned out to be a lose ribbon cable. all fixed now

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Good to know.
    Your keyboard was disconnected/reconnected before the symptom occurred?

5. James Sunderland

James Sunderland Newbie

Reputations:
    no, i just cleaned out the computer for dust and shook it a little. the cable must have gotten lose when cleaning.

6. wetNinja

wetNinja Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Everyone.
    I am currently running video driver 15.200.1062.1004 for my 8650G and 7970m. Went to the AMD website and see the latest drivers are:

7979m
    17.7.1 Beta
    17.4.4 whql

8650g
    15.7.1 whql
    16.2.1 beta

Currently have Windows 8.1 so I should not have issue with drivers reverting like Windows 10.
    I wanted to install the 17.7.1 and 16.2.1 latest drivers using youtube technique from AjvarD .

Any thoughts/concerns recommendations?
    Use beta or whql?

Thanks

7. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    As I recall there was a difference between installing 15.7 and 16.2 - read video description.
    Also you can read ubilada's comment.
    If you want older radeon settings to launch instead crimson then you can ask sinexite from russian msi forum

8. Spiralcaffeine

Spiralcaffeine Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, lately I'm having trouble with GX70. Im getting the Video Scheduler Internal Error with my GX70 whenever it tries to switch to dedicated graphics. I also recently had my original power brick die so I bought a cheap one off eBay.. I hope the cheap power supply didnt damage anything but it was listed with appropriate specs.

Everything was working great and i did the special trick the get the GPU drivers installed. I was playing dirt 3 and happy I've finally been able to use the notebook as intended. Then I tried to use it a few weeks later and bsod.. I have been using win 10 .
    I'm considering trying windows 10 fall edition. My only guess is that that the special gpu installation no longer works with latest version of Windows 10. Im hoping it's not a hardware problem..

Does anybody have some pointers?

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  9. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Make a backup of current OS partition with Macrium Reflect and then try fresh install of earlier Win10 build with offline driver installation. Try using it for few days.
    You might need to disable windows Update with O&O Shutup10, Scheduler and Services tweaking and perhaps other stuff because this OS is notorious about updating.

10. Spiralcaffeine

Spiralcaffeine Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks I may try that.

So I've just figured out how to flash the vbios. At this point it seems pretty safe to rule out any hardware problems as everything is reporting back ok

Man windows 10 is annoying. I still have my retail copy of win 7 so I may just go back to that as well.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018