*The Offical MSI GX60 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by layjohn, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raul-77

raul-77 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello, to work well you have to format the laptop and install battlefield 4 for well functioning mantle and game settings
    use medium textures and everything else medium-high, spends more VDRAM mantle that DirectX11

2. anik1234

anik1234 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey on the gx70 3be website there is new firmware for the 8970m (VBIOS)
    I know I should install it
    When I created the bootable usb and on the windows boot option I checked uefi boot usb as 1st option as the priority in the boot order
    However when I reseted the bios to apply this setting the steps that should come up don't as in the document http://www.msi.com/files/pdf/VBIOS_Update_under_DOS_mode_EN.pdf, I think its the step that says 'extract the zip file containing the V-BIOS file and flash utility to a bootable usb flash drive' where I messed up
    I don't know what to do know as I don't know what file to put in the usb

3. Consi Pit

Consi Pit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would like to do upgreade windows to version 8.1. However, I read that after uploading the patch recovery partition stops working . Can anyone confirm or deny? And - if the problem really exists - whether it is possible to easily put the sytem from recovery discs which I previously recorded?

4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, the F3 hotkey will stop functioning but you can still perform recovery from within the OS, see below.
    Reset from within the OS

5. Consi Pit

Reputations:
    Oh, thanks very much - that's what I was looking for ;) . Any more suggestions (for which I will be thankful) before installing 8.1? (I have a version of the 1AC with 4600m)

6. simo292a

simo292a Newbie

Reputations:
    hi guys I am a little unsure if I should buy the gx60 because a lot of people are talking about the cpu bottlenecking the gpu. I have found a machine with an I7 4700MQ and a nvidia gtx860m of course it costs a little more but would it be worth the exstra money. Or is the gx60 good enough to handle games like the gtx860m. I don't mind a little drop in fps but it should at least be 30fps on high. I would really like to hear your opinion on this :).

7. anik1234

anik1234 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can someone help me with this issue

8. Consi Pit

Reputations:
    In my opinion, 860m and Intel will be much , much more balanced. There is no chance to have 30 fps in all games on GX60. Even when you set less details than high .

9. skyline5610

skyline5610 Newbie

Reputations:
    Stupid **** notebook. Got 8970M version and mantle was only thing that could help this piece of crap, but it works even worse than direct, spiking like hell, tryed all settings, multiplayer unplayable on direct and on mantle also, money for this laptop and BF are throwed from window, Yay we got super uber first class GPU but its ******* useless when almost every game that can use it needs better CPU so in result it works even worse than any other half priced laptop. My last MSI product ever.

10. simo292a

simo292a Newbie

Reputations:
    Man i am sorry to hear that is it really that bad? With so much negative reviews against the gx60 i think i am going to buy a laptop with an i7 and gtx860m. Well thanks for sharing your experience and it really sucks that the laptop has such a weak processor that bottlenecks the gpu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.