1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

The new SSD Thread (Benchmarks, Brands, News and Advice)

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Les, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake Juay de rito?

Reputations:
    Now Im more tempted...:eek: :D

What the hell... I will buy it, if it doesnt work Ill resell it here for almost the double ;).

2. Phil

Phil Retired

Reputations:
  3. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake Juay de rito?

Reputations:
  4. Phil

Phil Retired

Reputations:
    Well there's another thread going on about this Patriot SSD and it seems that the V2 of the Patriot does not have the Jmicron controller.

I'm looking forward to see some reviews of the Patriot V2.

5. Cape Consultant

Cape Consultant SSD User

Reputations:
    If the Patriot shakes out to work well, I will get one. If not, I will have to wait for Intel price break. Sometimes it seems the Internet actually gets in the way of accurate information with so many sources and such a rush to be first.

For instance, I do not want to read conflicting reviews. I simply want to know:

What controller does the Patriot v2 use?

And does it stutter?

I mean, 2 rather simple questions. Not like, "How does a Black Hole actually work?"

So, let's work on getting an accurate answer and run with it! Dave

6. sxusteven

sxusteven Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What controller does the Patriot v2 use?
    No clue. According to an official post from Patriot, it does NOT use Jmicron.
    And does it stutter?
    The current reviews say NO. However, there isn't enough reviews to determine/guarantee if this is true or not.

7. hellblazer970

hellblazer970 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll let you guys know about the 64GB Patroit V.2, I just ordered it from ZZF for $209 with a $40 MIR = $169.

8. sxusteven

sxusteven Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yay :p I'm not the guinea pig!

Hope the experience will turn out good for you :)... Wwhen is it going to arrive for you?

9. Cape Consultant

Cape Consultant SSD User

Reputations:
    One thing for sure, the price is decent :)

10. hellblazer970

hellblazer970 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Should be here wed or thurs.