The NEW MSI GS75, 8th GEN Intel, NVIDIA RTX GPU with GDDR6!

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 7, 2019.

1. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Another review with no teardown... are you f.... kidding me?!

Rengsey R. H. Jr. likes this.
  2. ixixmmx

ixixmmx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    These are first impression reviews without MSI reps looking over their shoulders. The in-depth reviews always come in a little later. The flipped mobo on my GS65 has never bothered me as it doesn't take that long to remove it. Besides that, I've only had to open it once.

3. -=$tR|k3r=-

-=$tR|k3r=- Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hey Guys, for those interested, new MSI GT75 w/RTX 2080 unboxing video....benchmark reveal!

Enjoy!

:D

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  4. -=$tR|k3r=-

-=$tR|k3r=- Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ryzeki, this is for you.....Enjoy! :D (The more I look at this thing, the more I like it)

ryzeki likes this.
  5. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yep, thanks for the headsup and you bet I have watched it a couple of times. I got a lot of good info from the video. On one hand I am glad to hear the build quality of the GS75 is inline with the improved version of the GS65, that is, thicker material I suppose.

And the performance seems in line with my expectations so I am a bit relieved that I won't be sacrificing too much performance at all if I do go with the GS75. Now I am wondering about the opening of the laptop... to check how annoying would be to repaste myself and/or add RAM/SSDs down the road.

6. cesc21

cesc21 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The motherboard is not flipped, it's been said time and time again, an uber hardcore expert user like you should know this by now.

7. franzerich

Reputations:
    No, all what has been said "again and again" is, that the SSD is easier accessible now, and nothing else. And that the SSDs are more accessible was verified. But about the accessibility of fans, heatpipes, RAM we only got a vague statement. And as multiple "newswriters" just copied&pasted the texts from each other, now suddenly everyone thinks "but it was mentioned again and again, so it must be true" - uhm nope. Until someone actually opens the device and shows us, we can't know for sure.

8. franzerich

Reputations:
    Here, for consideration:

[​IMG]

9. franzerich

Reputations:
    Point #3 better explained:

[​IMG]

10. PaddyPaws

PaddyPaws Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am excited, leaning towards this one right now over the ge75 or alienware m17. My gs65 has been great and just happy changing the ssds will be easier on this one. I never repaste so not worried about that. Still waiting to see full reviews if the 2080 vs 2070maxq is worth the 400 premium. I already have a 2080 desktop so leaning towards the 2070 but want to see some more benchmarks. I have a couple months before my next work trip so can wait a bit more to see all the reviews but already have that new laptop excitement haha.