The NEW MSI GS75, 8th GEN Intel, NVIDIA RTX GPU with GDDR6!

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It scores 23K according this, maybe graphics score.
    My graphics score on egpu setting can beat that :p.

2. Lunatik

Lunatik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    “egpu” lul.

seanwee and Joikansai like this.
  3. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I'm seriously disappointed that he didn't clear up the most important information:

Is the motherboard still flipped? Can we remove RAM and fans without disassembling the whole laptop?

I mean come on... he opened up the laptop but didn't show us, what's under the black sheet covering the whole motherboard... wtf?!

Besides... it's pointless to ask these questions in the comment's section of the video, because it's spammed by hipsters and groupies, who just post for the sake of posting, and don't really care about anyway, and who will make any serious question disappear at the bottom within minutes of posting. Waaargh! I'm disgusted!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  4. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah unfortunately Dave2D reviews have gone more 'mainstream' and not really for the enthusiast customer who wants more detailed reviews..

seanwee likes this.
  5. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There are quite a few videos and write-ups out there that state how much easier it is to swap out the hard drives and memory... and the power connector is on the left side instead of the right side, which is a good indication it is not the same as it has been.

6. franzerich

Reputations:
    Uhm, no one has really opened it yet. The only thing which was verified from the beginning was, that the SSDs can be removed without flipping the motherboard. This was confirmed on CES2019 as well. But it was never confirmed that you have the same easy access to RAM and fans.

7. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It is possible I was just imagining this... very possible.

8. franzerich

Reputations:
    You're not imagining this. I've heard such statements as well, but I don't trust them as mostly everyone just mentioned the SSDs to swap easily. There was also some video clip where an MSI guy says "yeah yeah" to a newswriter about exchanging RAM, but I'm not sure if he really understood or knew exactly... well... it made my doubts rise (together with the fact, that the fan setup - the triple cooling booster - looks exactly the same as in the GS65; and then my own observations, that MSI rarely makes significant changes to their inner layouts). There are some serious doubts I have, and therefore I want to see a hard proof first.

9. The_Hanged_Man

The_Hanged_Man Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What I am really curious about is the RTX 2060 performance which does not have the Max-Q. If it gets close to desktop performance it might be the way to go.

Atma likes this.
  10. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:

ryzeki likes this.