The NEW MSI GS75, 8th GEN Intel, NVIDIA RTX GPU with GDDR6!

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Awesome, I will try it as well. Although I will be less aggressive with ram. I will first go for 3000mhz and then work my way. Now, if only the damm 90W bios would work on my GPU... I don't know why it gets stuck at 990mhz when I use it.

Pepillo likes this.
  2. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I cannot help you with the bios, I do not have any problem flashing it, it's strange that it does not work for you.

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice Port Royal score but honestly this rtx maxq thing is really disappointing. I was comparing Blade 2060 with my 1070maxq 2060 on this game (AC Oddysey) max 1080p can score 5fps more, forgot where was the thread but if 2080maxq can only hit 62fps that means performance advantage vs 1070maxq is around 20%. It’s nice to have better performance but if I’m on market to new thin light categories, I’d go with 2060 or 1070maxq for lower price but better on price for performance.
    https://m.imgur.com/account/joiKansai/images/wjl6002

ryzeki likes this.
  4. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There are many options to choose from for all prices, sizes, performance, there was never that much choice.
    It's my first laptop gaming, so I do not care about the comparisons with previous ones that I did not have. Obviously the GS75 is not for everyone, but if you are looking for a real and light laptop that also performs excellently gaming and with a discreet design that you can take the same to work as a Lan Party, and the price is not a problem, then it is a great choice in my opinion.

I respect all the opinions and I reaffirm that the GS75 is not for everyone, but for me it is simply like my wife, perfect ;)

ryzeki likes this.
  5. jwumanji

jwumanji Newbie

Reputations:
    Just picked up GS75 2070maxq, its my first laptop beast. I'm new to gaming laptops though, wheres best to learn how to undervolt and ramp up performance?
    Thanks everyone.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I’m not saying about gs75, it’s for all maxq rtx, especially Razer, Asus and other, that put Rocket League price to this 2080maxq. I bought last summer 1070maxq and it was best gpu for power and portability for €2k with discount being Razer fans and have students mate lol:) They charged almost €2,5K mrsp, now with 2080maxq on around 20% performance increase they charge €3K, and with similar gs75 update on 17 inch Blade Pro 2080maxq charging close to €3,5K:eek:. We should make embargo for this insanity, good Lenovo brings 2070maxq under 2K and Alienware makes a lot discount hope other manufactures adjust the price back to normal.
    Great that it’s fitting your need just like your wife lol.

7. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here is the Throttlestop guide for undervolting

This video is a good place to start.

Pepillo likes this.
  8. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I understand you. It has always been like this in this world, 20% more is not achieved by little more money, c'est la vie mon ami

9. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Well, the 90w vbios finally started working. I only had to delete all drivers, uninstall the GPU, and download the latest ones. Why it didn't work before, I don't know, but doing this procedure a second time seems to have done the trick.

I will work my way through overclocking later, but I like my scores so far, it's not that far behind my GTX1080 now :)
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/7066756 Timespy
    https://www.3dmark.com/fs/19216553 Firestrike

Sorry for the old version of benchmarks/sysinfo. I am using a stand alone 3Dmark installer and it was updating when I ran the test. I was more focused on seeing utilization and temps than updating haha. It's funny how high clocks get reported by the test, when in reality they are like 1300mhz-1600mhz fluctuating per test.

Max temps was like 80 C for the CPU and 75C for the GPU, on a 24 celsius ambient temp.

10. otto_kahn

otto_kahn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello

I'il buy a new laptop. I can't decide between two models.
    The programs I use mostly use the processor and load the processor.

Option 1
    MSI GS75
    8750h
    RTX2070

2.Option
    MSI GE75
    9750h
    RTX2070

I didn't write because the rest of the hardware was almost the same.

I actually want the GS model. Very easy to carry. But I'm afraid it's a warm-up problem. My computer stays under load for a long time. Render, mesh-iteration (ANSYS).
    Which model should I choose? Is there a difference between 8750h and 9750h? Does the GS75 warm up under load for a long time?
    I would be very happy if you could share your ideas and comments and help me decide.

Regards.