The NEW MSI GS75, 8th GEN Intel, NVIDIA RTX GPU with GDDR6!

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you linked that rumors page?
    You need g sync/free sync module to be able to use it, without it your laptop display can’t use that adaptive sync. Sidenote, not read yet your link still on go, later I’ll check.

2. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No, I read dozens of reviews and forums in a very short time when buying the laptop and I do not know where it was. In any case, I have consulted directly with MSI and when I have an answer, I put it.

Gsync needs a hardware module, no freesync, it is part of the Display Port protocol and nvidia supports some drivers, "Gsync compatible".
    I think it's possible, but at worst it's just a support for new models, we'll see.

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Even it doesn’t have hardware modul like g sync you need to moding it hardware wise not by software, quite impossible on a laptop display, especially you have nvidia card and optimus.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:13 PM
  4. Pepillo

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That’s not for internal display, you can google if there’s already users that succeed using nvidia adaptive sync on a laptop screen. And the answer is no one.

hmscott likes this.
  6. Pepillo

Reputations:
    I still think that it is possible. I do not speak of users achieving it, if not of manufacturers, I do not see why a laptop panel to be different from a monitor.

7. hockeygod1225

hockeygod1225 Newbie

Reputations:
    The new asus zephorus has both Optimus and gsync toggled by a software switch. So that's one company who is officially supporting both.

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s already there since last year, and before this feature was also on sager Clevo Laptop, those two have g sync Modul on default, they only unlock igpu to enable optimus, most g sync laptops igpu is locked to not interrupt the performance, gpu perfomance even on same laptop on optimus mode is worse, someone showed the comparison on Zephyrus, search it on this forum. You guys should realize it won’t come G-Sync to internal screen optimus laptop. Save your waiting time and buy g sync/g sync enable freesync >1080p >27inch >120Hz external monitor, for a better experience.

9. GaryLYS

GaryLYS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yes, i think most probably for the external monitor

10. Divinated

Divinated Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 5:14 AM
    Joikansai likes this.