The NEW MSI GS75, 8th GEN Intel, NVIDIA RTX GPU with GDDR6!

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Man I hope I can play with my GS75 soon. Work has been a pain!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  2. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Man, I’ve been waiting for you to post some stuff! Lol
    At 5PM every work day for the next year, you can take the rest of the day off. You deserve it. Congrats.

Approved.

Now play with that laptop and give us your impressions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    hahaha sorry man! We had an emergency and I have been basically working monday-sunday from 8am to 8pm. Going/returning from site is a 1.5 hour drive so I end up so beat up and tired, and I havent even picked up my machine yet!

But works is almost done, and I can finally see the light. And I am getting curious to try this new sexy machine.

custom90gt and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  4. SinkyPitGuy

SinkyPitGuy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, I have a slight creak on the right hand side under the ports when I pick it up there. Feels sturdy enough that it doesn't bother me much personally but for this much I can see wanting to have this thing feel really solid all the way around. In general I'd have made all of the aluminum parts just a bit thicker to firm the laptop up.

5. SinkyPitGuy

Reputations:
    Okay, after having this for almost a week, almost everything is working fine with the exception of the battery. For some reason it says it's plugged in but also says "not charging". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling battery drivers but it doesn't help. My next step will be to take the bottom off again and disconnect the battery from the motherboard and reconnect (maybe it's not seated well?). If that doesn't work I'm afraid I have some sort of battery power issue. Power brick works fine but I want to be able to carry this around without the adapter sometimes for light work. Anyone else had issues like this before?

6. GaryLYS

GaryLYS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Check your dragon center setting, make sure the battery health option set to 'Best for Mobility', I am very sure this is the reason behind the issue

SinkyPitGuy likes this.
  7. Weaboo1917

Weaboo1917 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got my 2060 model with 2x8gb ram and Kryonaut repaste on CPU and GPU a few days ago and have been playing around with light optimization.

Here are my Cinebench R15 results after a -165 mV undervolt of CPU core and cache, and a -82 mV undervolt of the integrated graphics (used ThrottleStop):

Score: 1247

Max temperature: 76C

Very happy with this, haven’t tried any games yet though. Speaking of which, I’ve 3 questions:

1. How do I claim my free game that comes with the RTX card?

2. My keyboard backlighting is acting up, I’m stuck on Aqua and no matter what I change in the SteelSeries Engine 3, it stays Aqua. I can’t even disable it, what should I do?

3. When I plug in the power cord, it tells me “plugged in but not charging”. Does anyone else have this, or know how to fix it without disconnecting the battery?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  8. Zooport

Zooport Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As far as the battery have you checked your Dragon centre settings?

[​IMG]

Best for battery will stop it charging to 100% You want best for mobility if you want to fully charge it.

To claim your free game you should open Geforce Experience make sure you are signed in, hit the drop down box in the top right where your username is and hit redeem.

You should get a code from the place you bought the laptop from, in an email if online or on the receipt if you bought in store.

9. SinkyPitGuy

Reputations:
    Okay, I didn't think to check in Dragon Center and that was the problem. I guess I need to spend some time getting familiar with what's in there. Thank you!

10. Weaboo1917

Weaboo1917 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, let me try that out when I get back to my laptop and I’ll let you know how it goes!