The New Asus ROG Strix GL504G

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by fayth, Jun 1, 2018.

1. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Asus ROG GL504 with thin bezels, Core i7-8750H and GeForce GTX 1070 spotted in the wild

[​IMG]

Since thin bezels are trendy for gaming laptops right now, more and more OEMs are updating their models to reflect this tendency. Asus needs to stay on top of things and will soon release some updated models featuring thin bezels, including the ROG GL504. This model has not been officially announced yet, but is appears to be up for pre-orders at a Polish e-tailer.

Spec-wise, the GL504 model gets the latest 8th gen Core i5-8300H / i7-8750H CPUs from Intel, and users may add up to 32 GB of DDR4-2666 RAM, together with storage combos comprising up to 512 GB NVMe SSDs + 1 TB SSHDs. As any respectable Asus gaming system, the new GL504 will sport either the GTX 1060 or the GTX 1070 GPUs.

Other major features include:
    • 15.6-inch IPS-level matte display with 1080p resolution and 144 Hz refresh rate
    • RGB backlit keyboard with N-key rollover and overstroke tech
    • Connector suite: 1x USB-C 3.1, 3x USB-A 3.1 (1x Gen 2), mDP 1.2, HDMI 2.0, Ethernet jack, audio combo jack
    • WiFi + Gigabit LAN + Bluetooth
    • SD card reader
    • 1 MP webcam
    • 1-inch thickness and 5.2-pound weight

The i7-8750H + GTX 1070 + 256 SSD + 1 TB SSHD model can already be pre-ordered in Poland for around US$2300, and should soon be launched in North America for US$2000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source : Notebookcheck, Laptopmedia, PurePC

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Please refrain from using huge font sizes, it really makes people feel like old people who need glasses.

other than that, interesting, It reminds me a lot on the GS65, however it is much thicker, am interested to see the temperatures on that thing.

Lately i've seen Asus doing this to their newest models, where they improve on their cooling much more than previously. After all these years where Asus made so many flawed and problematic notebooks, I love to see that they apparently start to learn and imrpove on it.

3. fayth

Reputations:
    yes, thats why i m so curious about the cooling system on this gl504, i saw few reviewers that says GL503VS has bad temperature out of the box,

and i hope there's a thunderbolt 3 port full 4 lanes for the external graphic amp come along with this model.

4. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not sure how I feel about seeing more systems with the webcam at the bottom of the display, but otherwise I like that look.

5. Support.4@XOTIC PC

Support.4@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Ooooh, that's fancy.
    I agree with Eric though ^^^ Just hope you'll never need to use the webcam unless you want others to see your nose hairs.

6. Calipha

Calipha Newbie

Reputations:
    Has the potential to be the best 15-inch gaming laptop... hope they decide to ditch G-Sync for the additional battery life.

7. fayth

Reputations:
    4 june 2018

8. fayth

Reputations:
    ROG Strix SCAR GL504G II Hands-on

9. darthtyr

darthtyr Newbie

Reputations:
    Blows hot air to your right hand. One less USB 3.0 port compared to GL503. Thicker than GL503. The front-facing light. And the under-bezel. Ugh, what a disappointment. This is not an improvement at all.

Still, the only good thing came out of this is the 144Hz AHVA matte panels. AUO are making some huge progress.

10. fayth

Reputations:
    first review on the youtube by dave 2 dee

the thermal look promising, but why no thunderbolt 3 port enable ? SAD ASUS -_-