***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    After typing all those weaknesses, are you still asking? :)

be77solo likes this.
  2. dsocohen

dsocohen Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm on a Ghost Pro 3K. Has anyone figured out how to run WoW at 1920x1080 in fullscreen? I can't get it to run anything other than 2880x1620 at fullscreen. The resolution option isn't there regardless of what I set my windows resolution to.

3. Ery

Ery Newbie

Reputations:
    Ordered MSI GS60 64 from GenTech Thursday with all the December promotions and a 512GB SSD. The wait feels like forever...

4. Shaylen

Shaylen Newbie

Reputations:
    Does the FHD version have a better battery life? Can't find any review comparing the 2 versions :(
    And does anyone know if thoses laptops are available in Switzerland ?

5. Sniper514

Sniper514 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey! Can you tell me what ETA GenTechPC have given you for your 064? I'm looking to buy the same 064 model from them and need to know how soon I would get it. Thank you!

6. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You can always ask them directly, email or PM as they have representatives here, like most resellers :)

Why not shoot them an email/pm?

7. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It depends on the customization, usually 3~5 business days, but you can email us to ask for more specific turn around time. Thanks.

8. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    Well, couldn't resist, ordered a GS60-064.... 970m 6gb was too hard to resist. :D Good thing is it looks identical to my current GS60 so maybe the wife won't notice lol... now just need to make sure I'm home when it arrives to intercept it. ;)

My current GS60 and GT60 soon to be for sale to good home, new machine arriving from New Egg tomorrow.

omer.sak likes this.
  9. Ery

Ery Newbie

Reputations:
    3-7 Days production after authorized payment + which ever shipping you pick.

My order was shipped yesterday Wednesday and authorization was last Thursday so 4-5 days. It should be delivered Tuesday with free ground shipping to PA so 4 days.

10. _JO3Y

_JO3Y Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Pleas Help...

First, the good news.
    After watching countless videos, reading reviews, reading through this whole thread more than once, and saving some money up, I was finally able to get purchase my GS60 Ghost Pro 3k-046! This is one sleek, beautiful laptop. and very powerful. When I first got I was very pleased with pretty much everything. Right away when I got it, I downloaded a few apps, set up my account and so on. After that I plugged it into the router, along with my old laptop to do some file transferring and to download games. I left it this for about a day while I was at work. After reading this thread for a while I came to expect loud fans and a lot of heat, but so far the fans are quiet while idling/web browsing, and the temps are fine. Everything was good (except for the touchpad, but after downloading the Samsung driver mentioned earlier in this thread it's usable).

Now the bad:
    After everything was downloaded and another day at work, I unplugged it from the router and started trying to watch some videos on youtube. I noticed that the download speed was terrible, and this being a brand new, +$2000 laptop, I immediately assume my modem/router is ed up. So I reset it a couple times and still no luck. The download speed will go from normal (60Mbps is what I pay for, I always get 55-65) to ~1.5Mbps for no apparent reason. After using sppedtest on my phone and old laptop, I realized this problem was on my Ghost pro. So I figured maybe my settings were messed up,and I go through the network settings, Killer Network manager, and driver settings for the network card. After no luck with these I tried updating the driver through MSI's website, then Qualcomm's, and again with killer suite. After all that it seemed to work. But in the middle of a steam download, it happened again. I was getting <1Mbps. After restarting, it got better for a little while, then went down to about 12Mbps. I gave up for a little while and just dealt with it. I installed a few mods for Skryim, and tested it a few times, and I began to notice a trend. It would always have a poor connection after or during gameplay. When I noticed this I tried switching it from the 970m to intel and my connection went back to normal. At this point I figured I the GPU was somehow causing the problem. This was yesterday, now today, I'm trying to recreate this problem, but the connection seems stable at ~40Mbps, even while the dedicated GPU is on. My old laptop is still showing a consistent 60Mbps connection, as is my Galaxy S5.

I have no idea what to do at this point, and I'm just so frustrated. Does anyone here have any idea how to fix this. If not for this problem, I'd love basically everything about this laptop, but working wifi is just so necessary that I'm constantly frustarted with this. Please help

I'm using a Killer wireless 1525 adapter, with driver version 11.0.0.400

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.