***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I think it's safe to assume it'll work with most MSI laptops with thunderbolt 3. I was able to get it to work with both the GS63vr and gs73vr as well.

2. Spunky90

Spunky90 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I heard that is a common issue with the keyboard but I have one squawking key. Is there a how to fix guide? I have disassembled the key however I could not find anything wrong with it :(. It definitely makes different sound when pressed then the rest of the keys.

3. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    How did you disassemble the key?

4. wolfstone

wolfstone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi just got a GS60 QD. ghost yesterday ,
    Skylake I7 8 gb ddr4 (2133)
    256 m2 and a gtx 965? I thought they had 970 in?

5. Kyrne

Kyrne Newbie

Reputations:
    I believe it depends what retailer you bought it from.

When i was buying mine I had the choice of 2 different version of the 970m (3gb / 6gb)

6. mystycs

mystycs Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone know about, or know of a solution to fix the black horizontal line flickering on the MSI GS60?

An example vid below:

7. carmamir

carmamir Newbie

Reputations:
    Any one knows anything about screen flickering in GS60 2QE (GTX970M) ??

I have noticed that just Today, updated BIOS but didn't helped (while at first I have noticed it on dark background website, after BIOS update I am not able to replicate this issue on a website, I was able to replicate flickering screen on Dirt Rally (after 3-4 minutes of playing on ultra).

Is it the issue with a cable ? (secondary screen was free from any flickering)

I just wondering if that is simply a case of ordering a new cable and fitting it or maybe the issue is with motherboard ???

Is there any consensus to the reasons of this issue ???

8. Yippee38

Yippee38 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I appreciate the write up. I was all ready to heap praise upon you for finally helping me to get Win7 installed on my Ghost Pro. However, it just gives me a BSoD with the "stornvme.sys" error message before it even starts installing. <sigh> I'm at the point where I'd pay to have this done for me.

9. Aryemis

Aryemis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The cable may simply not be well seated.
    If you are familiar with taking apart laptops, you could open it up to check for that, it's not that hard if you've done it before.

I recently opened mine up completely to clean the fans and repaste the CPU (ended up repasting the GPU as well because the heatsinks are connected).
    Mine is a year and a half old and had never been cleaned before that, it was hitting 95°+ in Overwatch and thermal throttling pretty hard (even when limited to 3Ghz, and CPU fan at full blast).
    Now after an hour of prime95 the CPU is at 80°C (with less fan speed), at 3.2Ghz (power limited).

10. moussa247

moussa247 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, proud new owner of a GS60 6QE here, would appreciate any help. Sometimes my laptop just doesn't boot when its been off for a while and I have to wait, I seem to be having the same issue as this person http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2942400/msi-gs60-6qe-wont-boot.html
    Would love to hear any advice, for now I have disabled fast boot and I'm gonna see if the problem reoccurs. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.