***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuong

chuong Newbie

Reputations:
    I just recently received this laptop no more than 2 days ago and I'm having an issue with wifi connectivity in general, whether I am using the Killer 1525 or a USB Wireless Stick, my ping is unreasonably high (200ms) only while my dGPU kicks in and reaches about 60C. If I take it off V-Sync and let the dGPU temp increase, the ping spikes up to as high as 2000ms.

I do not believe this is a overheating issue with the wireless card because the external wireless usb card gets the same ping as the built in killer 1525... which doesn't make sense if it was because of heat.

An ethernet connection gives me normal pings at around 60ms. I am totally stumped on what the issue is and I have been trying to fix it for days and I am at my wits' end. If anyone has run into this problem and found a fix please let me know.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try updating the killer driver first see if it helps with the issue.
    [Download]

3. Yippee38

Yippee38 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did. I was getting the "No internet, open" message when trying to connect to any Wifi. After reading a bunch of stuff, I uninstalled the "suite" and installed the driver by itself. So I'm pretty sure it was the latest version. That seemed to help the first day I used it. The second day I tried to use it, I got no wifi at all in the exact same place. The day before, there were three commercial Wifi signals available. The second day, I had the red "X" on my Wifi icon and no Wifi available.

I'll try updating again. Maybe it didn't install correctly, or something, or maybe it was an old version.

4. caikovsky

caikovsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    GS 2QE-606 i7-5700HQ owner here.

I was wondering if it's okay to update my BIOS to "E16H5IMS.111" as it's stated here, because my system BIOS is "E16H5IMS.504" and it's not the "1XX" format.

Thanks!

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    That's not for you because your BIOS is 5XX, and the latest version is E16H5IMS.50B, download link provided below.
    [Download]

6. caikovsky

Reputations:
    So the manufacturer website for my model is wrong? That's weird. Is there another way of checking for BIOS updates then?

Thank you, though!

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Search it by the ERP # which is 16H5, then find the BIOS that matches the version sequence.

8. caikovsky

Reputations:
    So I just tried to update my BIOS through UEFI and I got the "ROM Invalid" message. Any idea why? :(

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Can you take a picture of your BIOS screen under System Information?
    Need to make sure, thank you.

10. caikovsky

Reputations:
    There you go: http://imgur.com/a/dz4fq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.