***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enzyme

Enzyme Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all, I'm happy to say that I'm a part of the club now! I got a new GS60 around Christmas and it's been great except for one thing...

It completely freezes/crashes regularly with a second monitor whenever they are both doing some sort of full screen video, be it games + netflicks, whatever. I've tried reinstalling drivers for the 970M, but that didn't solve it. Any other ideas you smart people?

2. Aryemis

Aryemis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I use my GS60 something like 90% of the time with an external monitor as my main screen and I've never had this issue.
    But then again I don't think I've ever had something full screen on both screens. If I'm doing something full screen (be it a game or a video), it usually takes my full attention, so I may have a skype or some temp info on the secondary screen but never something full screen.
    No clue what could be causing this though. You are running the latest NVIDIA driver (362.00) right ? not the latest MSI one which is really dated.

3. okica11

okica11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also regularly run 2 screens out with my GS60 6qe when I'm home. That being said- notebook screen is OFF (!) but I use two external monitors. One via DP-DP (also tried DP->DVI->DVI) and other via HDMI-HDMI. The only "problem" that accrued for me was that after turning PC back on after sleep I have to re-plug my HDMI cable so it "recognizes" display again.. I'm running 359.00 driver ( I had problems with newer drivers and adobe programs).

Can you give us one explicit example so I and others can try to replicate it ? which programs, drivers, resolution of screens and which screens..

BR

4. Lpage1

Lpage1 Newbie

Reputations:
    I also have really bad ghosting during cutscenes, but only during cutscenes which is weird(assuming its when the fps stays at 30 for the cutscenes) Is it enough reason to have it repaired as its quite annoying, plus i'm having rubberbanding issues while on wireless.

Thanks

Luke

5. AdorableAhri

AdorableAhri Newbie

Reputations:
    After using this for about 6months, been so happy with it but I get these random fps drops nonstop while playing league and only league. I'll be at 150 and it'll go to 40. And also only related to league, the laptop display has some wicked ghosting. Makes it miserable to play league on the laptop display. Other than that, all other games don't have and display lag or fps drops. Riot pls.

6. m3rcuryhg

m3rcuryhg Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all -

I'm hoping to upgrade my GS60 Ghost Pro 044 to Windows 10 (eventually with a clean install), and was wondering if this page contained the correct drivers I needed? Any things I need to know or tips before I do a clean install on the system?

I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile, but I've heard some MSI laptop owners having issues with the process.

Thanks!

7. AdorableAhri

AdorableAhri Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah, it'll work just fine, just make sure if that pop-up comes up choose haswell 4th generation. Then all the drivers accordingly. The only thing you'll need to figure out what you have is the intel wireless or killer. My friend has the older one with an 870m and it has intel. I think all the newer ones with 970m's are killer.
    Make sure you do the upgrade to windows 10 before clean install otherwise it wont count as a valid upgrade and you wont have an active copy of windows.

8. SentientBroccoli

SentientBroccoli Newbie

Reputations:
    I just ordered the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-002 from GenTechPC. So far the customer service has been excellent. Looking forward to sharing the rest of my experience with all of you!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi SentientBroccoli, if you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to let us know right away. Enjoy the system, and thank you. :)

10. sz1a

sz1a Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Who in here has unintentional keystrokes? When I type sometimes full screen activates as if I pressed F11, it has happened more than once. Most commonly when I unplug my mouse and use the touchpad; I have the settting on in Windows 10 where the touchpad gets deactivated when an external mouse is plugged in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.