***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  2. mason2smart

Reputations:
    there is no intel driver update - intel driver update utility says no drivers for this device found

3. Galland

Galland Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Check your version against the latest version on Intel's support page for your edition of Intel HD graphics, just to make sure.

5. aqnb

aqnb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, these numbers are smaller than other GS60 usually get (3dmark firestrike total ~6,500-6,700 points, firestrike physics ~8,400-9,300 points, firestrike graphics ~7,400-7,700 points).

Make sure you don't run is some of power-saving modes (select "sport" mode and "high power" in MSI control utility).

Though not sure if it maybe isn't just some Skylake i7-6700HQ CPU model oddity?

NotebookCheck review of Skylake version of GS60 also got similar total Firestrike score to yours (5,982 points):

http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-MSI-GS60-6QE-Ghost-Pro-Notebook.155447.0.html

6. Syrii

Syrii Newbie

Reputations:
    If I where to update my intel Chipset drivers, should i re-install my GPU drivers over it? I don't see any issues occurring but just wanna make sure.

Edit: Yeah don't think its a issue, scored 6,614 on Firestrike
    GPU Score: 7,539
    Physics score: 9,586

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    No, you don't have to.
    Updating GPU driver alone is sufficient.

8. mason2smart

Reputations:
    Yea but the nb check used the 3gb 970m and this model has a 6gb 970m

I ran it on high performance mode...

With a cooling pad.

9. atom003

atom003 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I recently got my laptop back after sending it to MSI for a RMA. My GS60 2QE was working fine until today.

The battery icon showed full charge so I unplugged my laptop and proceeded to watch my show. Few mins passes by and then the screen goes black, my laptop made three beeping noise and automatically shut off. I pushed the power button but wouldn't turn on, plugged in the charger and pushed the power button, on it goes. On start up the battery icon showed full charge, I unplugged the charger and continued to watch my show. Few mins and my screen goes black again, but this time my laptop didn't make the three beeps, instead it made some weird techy noise that i can't describe, then it shut off. Same issue occurs, unplugged laptop wont start, plugged laptop back on its foot. This time my battery icon showed 0% "calculating" but ended up not calculating. I restarted my laptop few more times with my charger plugged in, and it constantly displayed battery at 0% "calculating". I unplugged the charger and restarted my laptop, this time shows 100%. I continued to watch my show to see how long my laptop will last with it being unplugged. It lasted for about 15mins before screen went black, three beeps and turns off. My battery icon showed 100% during that 15mins, remaining hour went up and down between 2hr-1hr45min. Now I have it back on charger and it is still showing 0% "calculating".

My question: Would the MSI battery calibration help solve this issue? or is it something that I would have to ask for a RMA again?

sorry for my post to be lengthy, wanted to make sure i didn't leave out any info. As always thanks for your help.

edit: I tried letting my laptop charge to see if it will hold up charge. The charging indicator started to flash red. battery icon shows 0% and says (not charging). unplugged laptop then automatically shuts down. I turned it back on and now it says 100% battery, but the indicator is still flashing red light with and without charger.

10. mason2smart

Reputations:
    Try resetting the battery -- either holding down the power button with it plugged in or unplugged or some sort of battery reset switch... There might be a pinhole on the right side try that too... Could be due to an electrostatic charge (needs an ec reset)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.