***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Georald Camposano

Georald Camposano Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think previous generations of intel procies clock higher so I wouldn't be surprised if you could get even higher scores :)

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    CPU generations never change 3d benchmarks much, they stay relevant much longer than GPUs.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Georald Camposano

Georald Camposano Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone else experience something that looks like black crush when running games in fullscreen? When playing The Witcher 3, shadowy areas end up being too dark when in fullscreen. There is also a very slight red tint to the whole screen. The reddish tint looks similar to the Gamer mode found in the MSI True Color tool. Problem is games in fullscreen seem to automatically switch to this display mode.

Running in windowed or borderless windowed fixes the black crush and reddish tint by the way, but also kills performance for some reason in some games. The witcher 3 for example lowers GPU utlization when in windowed mode and drops framerates quite a bit.

4. rohit4684

rohit4684 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi guys, rohit here, just got my msi gs60 with 6th gen processor, Its freaking awesome, just playing witcher 3 in ultra settings, its so damn good.

The only thing is the speakers sound a little tinny. and there is light bleed on the top right corner of the screen. I just hate it when the laptop costs around 1600 bucks and still the light bleed.

5. iAGZzzz

iAGZzzz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mine arrives tomorrow, complete U-turn on my plans and ended up going for the 1080p IPS GS60. After having so many issues with my last laptop I'm just praying that this time I won't have any issues, just fed up of constantly sending faulty or defective items back.

6. omegafiler

omegafiler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How bad would you say the light bleed is?

And how has everybody else's experience been with light bleed; in particular with the current Samsung PLS FHD panel they're using?

7. rohit4684

Reputations:
    Its pretty clear when u see in the dark background and with all the lights off. ON the top right corner and the upper middle of the screen. Thats the only problem.

when u watch movies or pictures all the colors look accurate and the contrast ratio is pretty good.

Attached Files:

omegafiler likes this.
  8. omegafiler

omegafiler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ahh yeah, definitely would be noticeable in darker scenes. But seems to be about what other manufactures are seeing, unfortunately. :) Thanks!

rohit4684 likes this.
  9. rohit4684

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I have a question,

I have light bleed on my new gs 60.Is it common for all the msi gs60 laptops?
    should i continue using the laptop or should i send it in for a repair?

10. Konstantinos Gkinis

Konstantinos Gkinis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    AFAIK almost every IPS panel has light bleeding, and it may vary within the same panels (the same panel can be better or worse). It's just something that you have to live with, when selecting an IPS monitor. I think it's the same with uneven black in OLED displays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.