***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaii456

kaii456 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yup, thank you! I seemed to have updated the Nvidia drivers and Audio drivers from the msi site; however, I can't seem to connect to Nvidia gaming experience. I connect to everything else just fine, and can even see the window/ flick through the tabs of the Nvidia window, but I can't get through. Any suggestions?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would update them directly from nvidia, not from MSI.

kaii456 likes this.
  3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you download both driver and geforce experience directly from www.nvidia.com?
    Please try again and make sure, thank you.

kaii456 likes this.
  4. kaii456

kaii456 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ahh~ It works now downloading the update from the Nvidia site! Thank you guys!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    You've done well! :)

6. msiguyca

msiguyca Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a couple of questions..

1) Anyone knows of a CPU fan replacement for the GS60 which will spin at around 800-1200 RPM initially, instead of 2800RPM+ ?

2) For the silent mode program from MSI, there are 6 temperature fields. Would it be safe to put 0 0 0 40 60 80 in those fields?

In other words, would it be safe to leave the CPU without any cooling until about 60 degrees?

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    1) No, it's a custom fan and must spin that fast to cool the parts.

2) Yes 60C is not too bad.

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    There isn't any replacement available.
    You can use Svet's tool to accomplish all of your goals, but there may be a limitation in regards to fan speed, there's a lowest value where it cannot go any lower because it would stop spinning instead.

9. msiguyca

msiguyca Newbie

Reputations:
    I am wondering, why when I run some program installs, or certain windows settings for example, the window is not displayed with native resolution, it looks blurry and not clear.. any ideas?

10. ars92

ars92 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Hey guys, long time lurker,just created a login id.

Still configuring it to my liking. Will try to get a game running in a few hours.

Does anyone here have any idea how can we check if i have the ESS Sabre in this?

First impressions :touchpad needs some tweaking. Requires too much force to tap.

Killer 1525? I thought this comes with killer 1535 :(

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

EDIT : So I've had it for a few hours now, and this is what I can say

Pros : Pretty darn awesome to be able to get about 60fps on advanced warfare on such a light machine (maxed out but without post AA or SS)

amazing screen. I have a 2412m for my desktop, and a SAMOLED on my phone. Now that I have an IPS (or IPS like TN, have no idea what panel this is using, please tell me how I can check) on a laptop, the circle is complete :p

awesome keyboard, with so much bling!haha, jokes aside, typing on it is fun, the click noise is just nice that its not annoying

I just couldn't find any keyboard flexing on this, rigid as hell

I love how I can hibernate and get back into the system in seconds, I guess I can thank the PCIE SSD for that

Speakers are actually not too shabby. I'm not sure if this has 2 or 4 speakers because it really sounds like there's something on the top part and not just the bottom front. Watching netflix with nahimic turned on is really clear. Wouldn't game with it obviously, but really nice for videos

ESS Sabre DAC! I screwed up when I first plugged my XBA H3 in the headphone jack by choosing SPDIF accidentally, but when i chose the headphones settings in nahimic, I then saw the glorious logo on the nahimic GUI. Just knew there was something special with the audio circuits as it was sounding way above average when I tried it out in the store

Cons :
    HATE the touchpad!! My old n55sf is worlds better in this category. I mean I have to hit hard (and not tap) to actually choose something. The slightest tap would register, if I was using my n55sf, but not this one :( I tried the display version too and it was the same. Will just have to get used to tapping harder. The click buttons are crazy loud too.

I actually tried the gt72 touchpad, and that was wonderful, although the buttons were crazy stiff, but at least the touchpad was awesome.

Does get pretty loud while gaming ( I have never had a gaming laptop before, so I wouldn't know how to rate its loudness) but I would say Im not annoyed by it, largely because I have my earphones on while gaming :p But yeah its not so loud that its distracting; for example while a game is loading and u can hear the fans, it not really that bad.

I really thought this would come with the 1535, but the 1525 seems ok. I would have been crazy dissapointed if the 1535 was a triple spatial stream tho, but since its still a dual spatial stream, just with better 5ghz capability, I guess its not too bad to not have it. At least this 1525 is WORLDS ahead of my old wireless n 150mbps which was on the n55sf lol. That could barely reach 10mbps most of the time. I need this as I transfer files to and from my NAS alot, using an ac68u, so the 1525 will definitely help alot.

Im not sure if I can do much test during the weekdays, but if you guys have any request I will try to fulfill it if I can :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.