***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostnspace

lostnspace Newbie

Reputations:
    The Good: My laptop is now discoverable and I can connect with bluetooth devices.

The Bad: There is not an option to send a file from my computer via bluetooth. Also when I connected to a bluetooth speaker and then to a bluetooth headset, the audio from my laptop, still came through the the internal speakers. Which is weird because my laptop is showing that it's connected to the bluetooth devices.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Check your default audio device.

3. lostnspace

lostnspace Newbie

Reputations:
    I finally got things working after a system restore.

For some odd reason my computer would not "forget" Bluetooth devices it has paired to previously. Even after I removed the drivers, and/or devices, after restarting my laptop, the devices would reappear.

Needless to stay the drivers provided in the link work, but I seems to be missing a few option, like being able to tell my computer where to save Bluetooth files. I think I may have to play around with the registry to work that out.

I have become accustomed to how Bluetooth works on mobile devices and Windows is not nearly as user friendly.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

4. soloris

soloris Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

I just bought the new GS60 with 970M.
    It is usefull to change the thermal paste? I was thinking to put Kryonaut from Thermal Grizzly or are they some better stuff?
    Also is it usefull to undervolt the CPU and GPU like it was with the 870M generation?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    pau1ow likes this.
  6. kaii456

kaii456 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got my laptop today and I have to say I'm really impressed and so far happy I made the choice! It's super light, yet still feels powerful. I haven't actually tested any games out on it yet because I was tinkering around with it all day.

I have one question: has anyone else experienced lagging/ glitching while watching youtube videos? I wasn't sure what drivers to update for such a problem/ if its even in my control. It doesn't seem like a wifi problem, it more like the video is skipping as a DVD would. It makes the same muttering sound as my Alienware m14x R2 used to make before I updated the sound blaster drivers.

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What browser did you use to watch youtube video? Make sure to update video driver and components first.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Depends on your temperatures, if they look good then why bother?

9. kaii456

kaii456 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was using Chrome. This may be a nubby question, but how might I go about updating the video driver and components on this specific machine. I was never quite sure if how I went about updating drivers was the most efficient/effect way to do so.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Download the latest from nvidia and install them over the top. Don't bother updating the Intel drivers unless you have issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.