***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You need to install 8.1 fresh, get it to activate and then upgrade to 10 to get it activated officially.

2. Illumina

Illumina Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, my old desktop finally bit the dust and I have been looking around for a replacement. It was mostly used for general computer tasks while connected to my TV. I have decided to replace it and think it makes sense to replace it with a laptop. I would like the occasional portability. My gaming lately has been limited to an Xbox One, but I would like the option to run PC games. I have narrowed it down to the ROG 751 and the MSI GS60. I really like the GS60 (I can't imagine using the ROG to watch a movie on an air plane), but I'm concerned about the cooling intake being located on the top. My question is, has anyone checked temps with the top closed for general browsing, netflix, etc. I don't mind opening the laptop when gaming, but most of the time I would like it closed on a shelf in my media center.

PS - I note that Gentech (and other sellers) occasionally post here and I would like to thank them for the genuinely informative and useful reviews posted on Youtube. They are a refreshing change from the normal "Unboxing the XXX" reviews. You guys are doing a great job and for me it definitely gives you an edge over buying from the "big box" guys.

3. dvlferdz

dvlferdz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Has anyone had problems with Windows 10 upgrade? Ive tried via sw update and via Tool (direct sw upgrade and via USB) and I am always getting SOMETHING HAPPENED.

Ive done the language, region stuff but those dont work. Appreciate any inputs on this.

Regards,

4. scohen158

scohen158 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So far loving it and am happy I have the 256gb SSD over the 128gb. I think I got a good deal saw his receipt of nearly 2100 compared to the 1400 I paid. Is there a way to make the screen sharper in games? It doesn't look bad and is running at 1080p fine just looks soft compared to nice and sharp.

5. ArkRaven000

ArkRaven000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Download (or look for) MSI True Color to adjust how the screen looks, lots of different settings to play with, as well as a "Gaming" screen setting

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Also make sure the resolution settings are correct and check which form of AA you are using.

7. ArkRaven000

ArkRaven000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know the laptop gets very warm with the lid closed and GPU (had an issue where it was trying to update while lid was closed). I think keeping it completely closed during light usage could work do to MSIs "Silent Fan" option, which allows you limit the fan top speed (this means that there must be some heat transfer without needing fans at predefined speed). With the CPU undervolted and GPU off, it does seem possible. I'll test later

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    When the lid is closed, the heat can be trapped under therefore it's important to leave the lid opened so the heat does not bother us no more.

9. ayospitta

ayospitta Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys I have a gs60-064 and I am having WiFi issues. It keeps disconnecting me when I play multiplayer games. I have done a Google search about this issue but found no definitive answer. I was wondering if you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance!

10. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried updating the wifi drivers to the latest ones? Looks like they just released the newest version on Aug 6th http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.