***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    Two-Fingered scrolling works fine on mine under Windows 10, and movement/sensitivity feels like it did in 8.

Are any touchpad drivers installed?

So far so good on 10 for me, my only problem is now after I did a clean reinstall after my initial update, Windows 10 won't activate so I'm stuck with limited setting options and a watermark in the bottom right of screen.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I noticed my default scroll went from inverted to standard (so from swipe up to scroll down to swipe up to swipe up) on my GS30.

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try installing the touchpad driver again and see if it starts to work or not.

4. kaii456

kaii456 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello~
    Been lurking for a while, and it was brought to my attention that Windows 10 was a bit buggy with the drivers and BIOS of the GS60. Any idea of when the new model will be rolling out, and will it be available at GentechPC? That's where I was planning to order from and I would like to have a smooth experience with the OS.

5. yjacket2001

yjacket2001 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    If you want a smooth startup within the next few years, I'd go with Win 7 Professional OS. I'm not an expert, but Win 10 OS does not seem to have essential support at the moment. If you thought it did, you may be in a minority at this time.

Good luck, and I think you need to visit the Win 10 OS software threads for a relevant report card on how Win 10 startup is coming: that is your main bottleneck, not MSI or GenTech. I would wait until Msft stock and therefore the whole market crashes before any meaningful progress is made on Win10, imo. It's your time and money though, do as you please: good first post, lol.

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    There will be machines that are preloaded with Win10, but as far as software goes, we also rely on MSI to provide us with those. Of course, we will be more than happy to provide those to our customers as soon as we get them from MSI.

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
  8. kaii456

kaii456 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alrighty, I guess I'll have to just wait and see. Thank you for the help! I'll still keep my options open as to what laptop I should invest in ,however. Still looking for the best option that fits me.

9. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Not an owner just yet, but I literally just ordered an MSI GS60 with 970m and broadwell update! So excited as my sager will finally become the server/desktop i wanted it to be! Specs on the MSI are:

Intel® Broadwell™ i7-5700HQ
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 970M
    16GB DDR3 1600MHz
    250GB Samsung 850 EVO
    1TB 7200RPM HDD

IC diamond treatment (save me the PITA of repasting a thin and light)
    Rush order

Excited as hell to have something more mobile, dont get me wrong the Sager is amazing still and will be for years but now it will better serve as a desktop/server where it belongs. Even more excited to see what broadwell and maxwell will do compared to my haswell and kepler. Apparently Im going to see a good jump in performance and drop in heat!

10. scohen158

scohen158 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ended up ordering a used GS60 Ghost Pro 064 with a second 128gb ssd added to run in Raid. I am hoping it is as good as it looks. This way I save a bit more money and it is still warrantied until December 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.