***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daynthebold

Daynthebold Newbie

Reputations:
    Of course. I fully expect to ratchet details down as time goes on. I'm more concerned with the machine itself still turning on five years down the road. :D

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It will do better than the other thin laptops that operate at silly high temps that's for sure.

3. IBMatrico

IBMatrico Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yesterday i got my "honey" back. They found an error in LCD cable, that they also changed. Now, there has been no display errors :)

But it seems like, that the nature doesn´t like the "empty" places. I´m sitting on another problem. After getting back the machine i figured, that the internal mic was not working. Also Realtek Audio Manager didn´t open by clicking on it. Sound blaster cinema 2 says: The current selected audio device is disabled, not present, not supported by the application... Device manager says, that drivers are working as they should.
    After calling the RMA place, they suggested to reinstall windows completely and check after that. Now, after doing that, there is still no mic and no Realtek Audio Manager. Not even after reinstalling correct audio driver from MSI webpage. Can it be, that they just missed something with the soundcard, by putting the machine back together? Before sending the machine back again (it makes me mad already), i hoped, if i could get any help from here...

4. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    sounds like it. It's pretty easy to see if one of the cables is disconnected as long as you're comfortable opening it up yourself.

5. IBMatrico

Reputations:
    OK, the almighty warranty sticker holds me back by doing it :) Is it possible to get any picture of the internal view of those cables?

6. Derek712

Reputations:
    yeah, I'll post one later. On my phone right now and no computer nearby

7. IBMatrico

Reputations:
    There is one thing i just don´t get in this case. Computer has still sound (but no mic). If there is something missed or unplugged with the soundcard, how is it possible?

8. Derek712

Reputations:
    The Mic is plugged into the motherboard. The speakers are too but it's a different connection. Same with the headphone jack

9. IBMatrico

Reputations:
    OK, for concl. there can be some open wire and because of that, Realtek audio driver still can be installed and is working properly, but without hardware?? And that´s why also Realtek audio manager will not appear, because, there is nothing to manage??

10. Derek712

Reputations:
    The driver was already installed so it will show up that way but since there is possibly nothing connected. Here's a wiring picture. The red circle at the bottom is the speakers themselves. The blue box is a ribbon cable under the battery. The red circle on the right probably has something to do with the audio as well, but I'm not sure what. The blue circle is likely the extension to the microphone or to the rear speakers. Either way, they all need to be connected along with the many ribbon cables you see all around. Also check the small ribbon cable at the top. That could be the webcam but there's a good chance there is a usb extension that goes into the screen and merely just splits into the microphone and the webcam. Honestly I haven't checked the hardware settings enough to know for sure.

If you're afraid of the sticker, just consult MSI support. They will tell you if it's a bad idea to break it or not. I've heard that removing the sticker doesn't void the warranty if you're not breaking anything. If you get it in writing that you can break it just to investigate then you should be covered. Good luck.

DSC_0751.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.