***The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 970M Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by charliex3, Oct 7, 2014.

1. FuDoW

FuDoW Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey, i didnt notice anything like that, however i did the clean install.
    have you installed all drivers from driver partition? I mean all those chipset drivers. It takes a while amd requierea couple restarts.

Also, try to change the shift for eg. to green mode :)

kaldon likes this.
  2. FuDoW

FuDoW Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, you can always buy this Acer model and then, go to proper thread and start describing your problema there (like typicl for acers: in 6m time, most used keys will have no letters on it, ir hdd will start to work extremally loud and slow and you will have no idea whatz goin on ;)

As to the temps you mention - i see no reason for keep postings the numbers for old generation msi here, in new generation thread. New gs60, even in 3k model, are far better in terms of temps and the noise is not that bad at all. Numbers mean nothing, i dont even care if it is 50 or 55 dB - and most likely you dont care either, its all about how it feels and works in RL, not in paper in some heavy load stress tests.

3. grandfinale

grandfinale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You're kidding right? You're now trying to compare the 870M and the 860M. Not only that, but 860M is Maxwell while 870M is Kepler. Give me a break lol.

charliex3 likes this.
  4. efdii92

efdii92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dude..... I just read past all your posts but now I think I am gonna question you....
    Do you know the difference b/w a Kepler and a Maxwell card? Do you realize the 860m and the 870m are 2 completely different cards with different heat dissipation?

To clear you misconception, try searching for GS70 with a 860m card to compare two like sized laptops (although the card architecture would be different).

5. 0utf0xZer0

0utf0xZer0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 970M readings you're quoting were taken when the sound meter was practically right next to the fan. Of course they're going to be higher than NotebookCheck's readings which are taken 15cm/6 inches away and who knows what position.

Besides, an 860M powered notebook isn't competitive with 870M and 970M models for gaming purposes anyway. The 70s produce more heat because they're much more powerful GPUs.

6. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wasn't the 860m gs60 Kepler?

7. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It was, but I think he was referring to the Nitro V17 which probably uses the Maxwell core as opposed to the Kepler.

8. mardon

mardon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is IPS.

9. Solban

Solban Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone seen MSI GS60 with Full HD( not 3K ), 970M(3GB) and QWERTY-keyboard?
    (what RAM, OS, etc.. it has, doesn't matter that much)

So far, thanks to this forum post, I have found:

3K, 970M(3 GB), QWERTY(I think) ,16GB, 128SSD + 1TB HDD, DOS
    at about 1700€:

MSI GS60 2QE(Ghost Pro 3K)-024XPL - Elektronika - sklep Komputronik.pl
    If someone here knows Polish, could they please ask about a non-3K model with 970m and when should it be expected if at all.
    Thank You a lot in advance

3K, 970M(3 GB), QWERTY(I think) ,8GB, 128SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 8 at about 1700€:
    http://www.czc.cz/msi-gs60-2qe-026c...dukt?q-category-id=4ckbjd1qpoieg9jpopplt7kgld
    If someone here knows Czech, could they please ask about a non-3K model with 970m and when should it be expected if at all.
    Thank You a lot in advance as well :D

Update:
    Scan customer service responded, saying that currently the model is under NDA, but there's no reason for them to not carry it once they have stock.

10. charliex3

charliex3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Solban

There aren't any models of GS60 with FHD in Czechoslovakia :/ We have to wait what I've heard/read to the end of November for FHD screens here :/ (directly asked MSI CZ)

I am waiting for that kind of configuration too :) :/