The hopeful of keeping MXM 3.0b alive thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by King of Interns, Aug 17, 2016.

1. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    You still gotta carry a mouse, keyboard, monitor/speakers if you want it to be usable anywhere.

When people say buy mini itx instead of a gaming laptop it baffles me if they don't understand this logic.

I completely understand if some people can manage with a mini itx.

Every product has a place. :)

ChanceJackson, TheDantee and bennyg like this.
  2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Yeah, seen mods that account for this on OCN, but still not something I would want to before just beefing up my laptop instead.

ssj92 likes this.
  3. dzpliu

dzpliu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well...i do bring my G25 out, i have a portable 17.3inch screen, with bluetooth keyboard and G603. it is lighter overall than my old P775DM or M17XR3. You cant game without plugging to a power source anyways, so i have a ultrabook for productivity.

4. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the Gecube 1050 TI is an mxm version of the desktop card or are they a proper mobile version? (which ironically is superior)

Going by the product road map the 1050s are in the sames column with GeCube's other desktop to MXM conversions.
    byhttps://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/1691664657/O1CN011kGwwJftzlypxma_!!1691664657.jpg

(Note: My ignorance of the vanilla 1050s caused confusion so I am specifying the 1050 TIs)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  5. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does it matter? Same thing

6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In what way does the mobile 1050 having half the number of ROPs as its desktop counterpart make the mobile version superior?

7. dzpliu

dzpliu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    are you getting because it is MXM type A? no idea if it will even work properly on your laptop, especially the EDP output part. There are only VBIOS for BGA versions though.

ChanceJackson likes this.
  8. ChanceJackson

Reputations:
    my laptop has a whitelist for direct edp output to the panel so I have to use optimus & I have no idea how that would work with a 1050 desktop card on an mxm.

9. ChanceJackson

Reputations:
    I'm not familiar with the config of the vanilla 1050s, I had the 1050 TIs in mind & according to everything I have seen they have the same render config but the mobile version has higher clocks for the same TDP

I was not aware the vanilla mobile 1050 was worse than it's desktop counter part I'll go back & modify my post.

Wouldn't the desktop vs mobile divide change how I enable optimus (or if I even can)

10. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    i went ahead and got myself a Palit 2080 as it was a good deal. now to get the rest of the components...