The hopeful of keeping MXM 3.0b alive thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by King of Interns, Aug 17, 2016.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    Well, honestly thank you for helping them, because it's obviously helped the aftermarket community a great deal, and that is just something simply not to ignore in my books.
    Like if there was an aftermarket award we'd probably vote you for sure, haha. Every so often I'm stumped and do not know how to help someone regarding a vbios, and I send them your way or in some cases to SVET if it's an MSI thing, like a system bios or EC on a model I've never touched.

I have a question mind you, these EURO 1070's , should be able to use a MSI 1070 vbios and work fine , correct ?
    I have both cards here sitting infront of me, I could flash them using the SOFI tool and junk, just they are not exactly broken or used cards so if something screws it up, I've not been willing to experiment and find out exactly, so was wondering if you already know what to expect.
    I asked EUROCOM to be the one to test, and I was shocked that they refused to do it, or share why. Though they agreed to do it if I send them one of my spare systems, with an eDP panel, like the AW17. (because the EURO 1070 works only Optimus in it, whereas the MSI 1070 would support the eDP and Optimus).

If you could help us with this, you would be helping a great number of people, I know for sure, there would be at least an immediate 50 people who want to know this, especially if the EURO 1070 works with the MSI vbios instead of it's own.
    (or could it be modded to use different components to become more stable, of should I bring that up to someone who like soldering extra components onto his cards, like Kenglish or however it's spelled from T|I ?)

jaybee83 likes this.
  2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    You can flash them, but the 115W/125W limit of other vBIOS may not be healthy for these 90W cards.
    If those vBs actually fix the eDP bug (first time I hear about that, make sure it's not a system BIOS problem), then drop the TDP to 100W or below if you plan on selling them like that. We have seen many of these 90W cards MOSFETs fail with higher TDP vBIOS. The original G-Cube cards with missing MOSFETs even fail with their original 90W vBIOS.

Vasudev, woodzstack, triturbo and 4 others like this.
  3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    YES! this post is worth its (virtual) weight in gold :) thanks again for clear cut info on this! ive been wondering a long time about this...

edit: crap, cant rep you for this, gotta spread the love around first :rolleyes:

Vasudev and woodzstack like this.
  4. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Yeah been wondering this, and thanks. I guess we will try and flash them and see how it goes, or what happens.

now theres a thread around here helping people lower TDP values when flashing or with the tool, guess I will go peek over at that and see whats what, maybe keeping the TDP low at 90W would be a smart move.

But the real thing is, whats s different about the 1070 from MSI and the other 1070. If it's a system bios issue, will it stop affecting the EURO 1070's (as we have c0me to call them) from working with eDP panels in the AW17 and such. ( IRC they work in other laptops just fine, like a clevo with eDP)

jaybee83 likes this.
  5. woodzstack

Reputations:
    The only thing missing here, is, EUROCOM's MSI 1070's are G-Sync cards, meanwhile the EURO 1070 they have is not a G-Sync card, if I understand correctly this can cause issues or brick the card right ?

I would need a MSI 1070 that is not a G-Sync card, to fetch the vbios from. Do you by chance have one or know of someone with one ?

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ask someone with a GT83VR SLI. I believe those are not gsync cards.
    Tried to msg you on discord but you didn't reply.

*Edit* try this.
    Please don't yell at me if it bricks something.

Attached Files:

Vasudev, jaybee83 and woodzstack like this.
  7. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Awesome, thank you !

Vasudev likes this.
  8. SMGJohn

SMGJohn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    bennyg and long2905 like this.
  9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    SMGJohn, Papusan and jaybee83 like this.
  10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    just waiting for the first double tripod on soldered CPU/GPU/RAM/Storage "high performance" laptop :rolleyes:o_O

Falkentyne likes this.