The Happy Thread :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jun 16, 2011.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Car door locks froze off. But succeeded to enter the car on second attempt, had to open my door through rear passenger's seat though :D

2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Glad you're happy for that. Sounds like you had some fun. So the rear passenger door has a keyhole? Or are you saying your car wasn't secured and you just got in from the back? Good job of convincing me your weather is better than SoCal, that's for sure. :confused:

3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Fun would be if I had to climb in through the boot. I guess hatches have an advantage over sedans during winter time - it's more convenient to climb through hatch that through sedan :D
    Keyhole on driver's door (the only keyhole on my car) also froze off, so that was a no go for manual unlock.
    The door locking mechanism on rear passenger door must have unfroze during the day time, so I managed to get in through there and from there on it was a piece of cake.

Messing with you brings me happiness. I knew your soft yuppy ass can't handle a little bit of freezing weather so that's why I posted this :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    But it's the ones who used to live in that weather are always the ones who say never again. Recall, we're seriously thinking of moving to Oregon.

5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    I imagine if it was cold 365 days a year, then yes, maybe I would want to live elsewhere. But same goes for hot weather. I wouldn't want to live where it's hot all year long.
    I think you missed my post where I said that I live in the area with all four distinct seasons. It's cold and snowy now, in a month or two it will begin to get warmer and then it will be hot in Summer (ugh...). It's just...life. Weather is the least of my concerns in life.

But speaking of weather, was a nice snowy weather with overcast. Poor visibility, snowy and slippery roads with either non or barely visible road markings. Drove around warming up my diesel and to keep my driving skills in check before I hit the road to do some grocery shopping. Very nice.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Incorrect. I just can't judge your situation well enough not knowing where you live. You seem interested in keeping it a secret.

[​IMG]

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Don't believe me when I say I live in an area with distinct seasons? :D

I would share my exact location, as a matter of fact I once had it indicated, but a certain member freaked me out a bit so I removed it.

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    So lets use the west coast over here for example- San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver. All four I would honestly but into the category of having four seasons (with Vancouver maybe pushing a bit). Point being, these are quite different in how cold and rainy/snow, and for how long. I could do the southern two but as much as I like the other two cities, the weather would be too prohibitive for me. There is quite a variance when you say areas with distinct seasons.

DM your address and I'll send you a belated Valentine's card. o_O:D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Bad example - all those areas have different climate under Köppen climate classification :D
    I live in continental climate area
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_climate

10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    killkenny1 i have used backtrack to know your location is trinidad and tobago lol

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021