The Happy Thread :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:

For his solid base, no. But there were many who took a chance on him as well, hoping after the election he would act somewhat more presidential as he stated here. America loves their heroes, but they also can grow tired to them quickly as well, especially if they believe they've been had. Interesting to see just how many will get tired of his shtick come election time.

No question the line as moved further towards winning than principles.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Concerning “being had”, isn’t that pretty much every politician out there, given that they can’t actually deliver on most/all their campaign promises?

If people start to flip in mass from Trump, I’d figure that would be a first, rather ham a continuation of the practice.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    'Being had' and not being able to deliver on a campaign promise are two different issues. It's one thing to stay true to what you've said you'll do, and spend political capital trying to push the agenda through; and quite another to never really fight for it. And how do you this effectively? I think Ronald Reagan was very successful in doing this. He took his message to the public, sold it there, and got many Blue Dog Democrats etc. to go along with much of his agenda. Congress sees these political winds and wanting to be reelected, they go along as well. It has to become a popular idea with the populace first. That's how you do it. Now taking the border wall as an example. To his credit, Trump has been true to this idea and has kept it in the spotlight. The trouble with this one is few (even many of his own voters) actually think it's an effective use of resources, and just not a good idea in general.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Moments ago, Trump just delivered another one. :vbthumbsup:

Pretty tough language which seems there is not going to be any room for anything but confrontation down the road.

Here's what the JCPOA is/was: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...fact-sheet-6-things-know-about-iran-nuclear-/

I'm certainly no expert, but I have listened to many of solid people on the subject. What I've come to understand and believe is that no matter what happens, sooner or later, Iran will develop a nuclear weapon and there is nothing anyone can do about it- only delay it to some degree.

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Getting back into flight simmin'
    Feelsgoodman.jpg

6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Senators Just Passed a Resolution to Restore Net Neutrality
    The Congressional Review Act resolution passed with 52-47 votes. Now it goes to the House.

"The US Senate has passed a resolution to restore net neutrality rules. With a 52-47 vote on Wednesday, the Senate passed a joint resolution under the Congressional Review Act that overturns the Federal Communication Commission’s decision to scrap free internet rules last year."
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-december-14-2017.811790/page-7#post-10729794

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    radji likes this.
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    It's just a procedural vote for Senators to be on record on where they stand. In the House, Democrats need 25 Republicans to agree to force a vote, and that ain't happening. Even if it succeeds, the bill would head to Trump's desk for an almost certain veto.

radji and hmscott like this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    But... it's "not dead yet"!! :D

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    radji likes this.
  9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:

radji and hmscott like this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Walking into history, of the future...RIP "Bones"

Isn't this "The Happy Thread" @Fishon ?? What's with the repeated negative responses to my Happiness posts??

Last edited: May 16, 2018