The Happy Thread :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    When I was a bellman for the Holiday Inn, I met Jim Mouth that has the world record for the most cigarettes in his mouth. I've go a signed glossy of him somewhere around the house.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Mout...+most+cigarettes+same+time/6820722/story.html

A long running rock radio station signed off and switch to Christian radio. Their last three songs were Motley Crue's "Shout at the Devil," Iron Maiden's "The Number of the Beast" and AC/DC's "Highway to Hell."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/wlup-last-songs-devil/

2. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Finally went to one of those "Escape Room" places last night. It was fun. :) We solved it with 4 minutes to spare.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Kyle and Jarhead like this.
  3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Just recorded a new message for VM saying I'll be out and returning on Monday, and email to a vacation message. I'm officially unavailable!

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Finally allowed to drive 130km/h on the highway. Feelsgoodman.
    Though the fuel consumption...

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    80 mph...whoa there turbo. Is that an age thing?

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Probation period for new drivers. My two year probation period ended recently.

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    So do they make you drive over to the right, along with the trucks? Moving with the flow of traffic is probably the most important safety aspect of driving, so this is interesting. What country is this?

[​IMG]

9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    During probation period allowable speed on motorways is 90km/h. I usually drove 110km/h, since it a sort of "allowable deviation", though I could have easily driven 130km/h, since speed traps can't tell if you're a newb or not. However I never did so, just to be on the safe side, since as a newb you have to mark your car with a special sticker, or if police stops you (we have unmarked cars cruising and measuring speed) and sees your driver's license you can have some big problems with +40km/h speeding (big fine and, IIRC, driver's license is taken away for some period with obligatory shrink session, and a quick re-examination).

Also, why do you think newbs are not allowed to drive on whichever lane they prefer. Just think about it, what if you have to turn right (crossroads/u-turns points). You drive as you see fit.

For driving in heavy traffic, yes, you generally go with the flow, but outside of it you have to obey rules.

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Slower traffic should always be to the right, so if you can't drive the allotted speed, you'd be relegated to the right lanes. Which country is this or are you keeping this a secret? o_O