The Happy Thread :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jun 16, 2011.

1. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    it's more about conventions and what the client wants really. i can't change it: i just do what i'm asked to do.

hmscott likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Thats rough, you gotta hope you have educated clients :)

There's no room to provide a base of features or options for them to choose from? Or is there always a BD features savvy person on the clients team?

3. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Most clients don't even use BD-Java for things like bookmarks. I think it's just market response.

hmscott likes this.
  4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Well now I feel REAL old. Just found out my nephew's wife is pregnant... Granduncle Wingnut... whoa.

Fishon, Convel and hmscott like this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Never mentioned this before, but my wife was terminated from her last job. A guy working at her hospital had a medical issue, so she and a doctor treated him. A week goes by and since he's diabetic, he asked her to see his blood report. She gets onto the system and she shares it with him. Weeks go by and they pull her into admin. and ask her about the 90 seconds she was into his file. Two weeks later they tell her while it's not a HIPPA violation, she shouldn't have gone into the file and shared anything with the patient, thus they are terminating her. Someone in corporate in Chicago made the decision while managers at the hospital said there hands were tied, while the treating doctor stated she was the treating nurse and argued the fact. Everyone thinks this is ridiculous, and maybe a write up would have been appropriate, but certainly not termination. She interviews and no one cares at all about this event, saying it was draconian as well. She gets a better managerial position very quickly at another local hospital, but the pay is a few dollars less than just being the chart nurse at the other. In the mean time the County calls her for a managerial position for a new program with people on probation- to keep them out of jail by going through this program. They offer her this position and it pays extremely well, desk job. However, she very much likes her new job and states to them she will leave without a substantial raise. Today she got that substantial raise and it's retroactive as well. That's my girl! ;)

Nick, killkenny1 and hmscott like this.
  6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Gotta keep her working to keep those fancy cars and cigars! ;)

Good for her though. Make lemonade out of lemons.

hmscott and Fishon like this.
  7. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Wait...she was called out for giving a patient his own medical information?? How is that even an issue?

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Well, she wasn't the doctor and it wasn't a follow up appointment. Looking back on it she knows she shouldn't have, while at the time she didn't think twice about it. All sorts of violations going on, but they nailed her for that. Most interesting it that no one thought twice about it in her interviews, even mentioning they thought it was absurd they let her go.

9. Jarhead

Jarhead Perfectly Sane

Reputations:
    Just to add, this was also an issue with my mom when she was an inpatient a few weeks ago. They wouldn't give her her charts or anything due to "hospital policy". Complete bs if you ask me...

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    HIPPA is important but a nurse sharing one's own information with a patient is something they need to readdress. I'm sure it happens all the time. If I had to wait on a doctor to update me, I'd never get a response in good time nor a detailed one. Nurses know their ****.