The Happy Thread :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jun 16, 2011.

1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Anime isn't my thing either. There's a handful that I like, like Spaceship Yamato 2199, Attack on Titan, Evangelion (that was from years past), Ghost in the Shell... the sci-fi war type ones.

I agree Babymetal are a hard sell for many. I don't blame people. I balked big time at first, but somehow found myself deeply intrigued and followed their historical path and grew to really enjoy them for what they were.

And I know what you're saying about other bands just supporting other bands as a courtesy. But they were invited to open for Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Guns n Roses, and actually performed alongside Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rob Halford, and Korn joined them on stage as well.

I would love to hear what Keith Richards or any of the Rolling Stones have to say about them. Good or bad, criticism from a legend is well worth taking to heart.

On another note, I drunkenly ordered some Kobe beef last night. That will be one expensive steak. I've already seasoned and prepped my skillet though, and looking for the best beverage to enjoy it with.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Just barely cook it on super high heat or it will lose its tenderness - keep it very rare. Sublime.

HTWingNut likes this.
  3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Thanks for the pointer. I'm a bit nervous. I checked online the best ways to cook it, and that seems to be the most recommended. Sear both sides on high heat in cast iron skillet then throw skillet in oven at 400F oven for 2-3 minutes. Done. Medium Rare. Serve with a dash of coarse grain sea salt.

I tried that today with a good filet I had in freezer. I know not the same, but just to try the process and it was actually quite good. I frequently use my skillet, so I think I will be OK. Just don't want to screw it up.

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    How thick is the cut? Cast iron is perfect. Take the meat out of the frig and let the temp of the meat drop to close to room temp, but still cool. Season with course salt only. Heat the skillet to where it's almost smoking, then add just a bit of oil, then the meat a couple of seconds later. I hope your skillet is well cured or it will stick to the pan a bit. No matter, when you put it in the pan, do not move it until your ready to remove it to flip it over. Cracked pepper after you take it out. No way would I cook it medium rare and no way would I put it in the oven unless it was a super thick cut of meat- even then I wouldn't. Trust me, eat it rare even if you are not accustomed to doing do. You'll lose the wonderful texture and it's just not meant to be cooked like a regular steak. Let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes or so, then slice in quarter inch slices. That is what I would do. It's quite the treat. Enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  6. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    It's still going on, and has a long way to go as this is just in the House. We have an AG who actually wants to go in the opposite direction. Criminal forfeiture I have no problem with as long the assets are tied to the crime and there is a conviction. Civil forfeiture when arrested is just the cops being nothing more than a criminal organization. It's a big chunk on how they fund there dept. and with the anti tax winds blowing, they find ways like this and it's still going to be hard to reverse.

8. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Pretty sure I've got a fundraising robocall from a police org recently, maybe if I donate that will hold it off a little...

Fishon likes this.
  9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. Jarhead

Jarhead Perfectly Sane

Reputations:
    The only fundraising calls I ever get (thankfully) are those from my university, asking for alums to donate some money.

Yeah... because you guys didn't get enough money from my tuition payments, scholarships, and loan money...