The Happy Thread :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jun 16, 2011.

1. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My office is finally coming together again! I got a majority of the cabling done for my desk today (minus the audio cables behind the monitors and the ethernet. I'm still waiting on some cables). Now I just need to re-organize everything else in the room. I opted not to paint since we're moving in May. It would be a lot of work and I'd just have to paint it back to white in 3 months. Debating on replacing that bed sheet with an actual curtain :vboops: Ignore the mess, I'm still cleaning!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also, I'm glad Suddenlink isn't monitoring my data usage. Basic residential cap around here is 250gb and my router logged over 400gb down last month :vbbiggrin:

Fishon and killkenny1 like this.
  2. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    Was trying to explain slangs with someone and I found out wikipedia has a dedicated page to swearing from my home lol :p
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French_profanity

Now I can just link instead of trying to explain all the religious terms where I take everyone's name in vain :D

3. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Finally getting our Harmony One LCD screen replaced. It took almost 2 years for the guy to get the screens reverse engineered and produced, but I'm glad I waited. I love this remote...

4. ahl395

ahl395 Ahlball

Reputations:
    Just got approved for a $2500 and $10,000 credit card :D With a score of 744.

5. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    So glad I don't use my credit card anymore.. Not sure what my score is though.

HTWingNut likes this.
  6. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    +1 and then some.

I've been CC-free for more than 7 years now...

HTWingNut likes this.
  7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I still use my CC's, but I never carry a balance, period. I only do it to maintain a decent credit score. Just don't want to have to pay a hefty interest and or fees if/when I move again (and likely this year), and if/when I buy another car. Otherwise credit score be damned. CC's are evil. Very evil. Especially for the young and those with little self control.

Fishon, ajkula66 and Jarhead like this.
  8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Speaking of which, I should check and see if I'm able to get a limit raise. Currently on $1000, maybe I could bump it up to $2500 or better with my excellent credit.

9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I, too, keep a credit card with a $1k limit.

I charge just about everything to it and pay it to $0 at the end of each month. On occasion, I will carry a small balance over to the next month. But that's usually cause I have to pay for a $300 car alarm or $200 router that I wasn't expecting. In that instance, I can spread the cost of such things over 3-4 paychecks rather than leave myself broke.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Fishon likes this.
  10. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    I didn't realize people had so much trouble with credit D: I've had a credit card since I was maybe 16 or 17 and I've only once carried over a balance. I just use it as I would use a debit card really but it helps that my credit card is affiliated with my bank so I just pay it online instead of dealing with pesky statements. Idk all things considered I'd rather pay with credit than debit as there's more protection and generally better benefits such as cashback or points (as opposed to nothing with a debit).

Anyways happy cause my mom just listed the new apartment for rent and within 2 days we got 3 calls! :D We were afraid we might not be able to find tenants but seems the location thing worked out.

radji likes this.