The Happy Thread :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Happy Swede, Jun 16, 2011.

1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    You poor poor soul. That's not a vacation. That's called Hell. :p

I have a 2.5 and 3.5 year old. My 3.5 yr is so friggin stubborn beyond belief. He's still resistant. That's the problem I always have. You read these parenting help magazines and books, and they say what you should do, but nothing on what to do if they don't respond like they want them to. This "foolproof" five days to getting potty trained is only foolproof if your kid does what you tell them. Fat chance. :rolleyes:

My 2.5 yr old isn't as bad, but starting him now on potty training, hopefully by end of summer (wishful thinking). But they can't move on to the 3-4 yr daycare until they're potty trained. :mad:

2. ray4jc

ray4jc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    well our 3yr old daughter was born two months early and she was fiesty then and is still that way...extremely stubborn, i'm amazed how stubborn she is....like the 'let them cry it out'...yeah....until she barfs...was more like it, that never worked :rolleyes:

good luck with the other one potty training...i hoped with outs in the future that having taught one that the other could learn some things by observation...i dunno we will see....the other one isn't due till closer to the end of this year...

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Congrats. LOL you had the cry it out too. Our 3.5 yr old would NOT sleep and do the same thing, cry and scream until he puked. Then what? My 2.5 yr old was a good sleeper from birth until about 1.5, then he was a bad sleeper and now is as stubborn as his brother, I think it just rubbed off on him, lol. He now will scream and cry till he pukes. Then I can't just leave him there to cry. Finally got them to sleep well in their cribs, then moved them to beds, and now they're in my bed most nights... sigh.

4. ray4jc

ray4jc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yeah one thing i'm definitely happy about is that our daughter now as of two weeks ago sleeps in her own room...she has been in her own bed for quite a while just in our room....actually the first few nights i had a hard time sleeping...i dunno from what i understand most of the worlds population other than the usa...sleep in a room together...heard that somewhere once

5. ahl395

ahl395 Ahlball

Reputations:
    i have fully paid off my laptop debt free tonight :D

6. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I HAVE SLAIN THE BEAST (SPIDER) THAT STALKED MY FRIENDS ROOM!!!!! WE CAN NOW LIVE FREE AGAIN :D :D :D :D :D No more hiding in a corner!

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Congrats on getting her to a new room. Yeah my boys share a nice big room. They usually go to sleep in their beds, but I always wake up with them next to me. :eek: I don't sleep real great because they end up hogging the bed and half the time just sleep on the couch.

congrats! Good feeling isn't it?

Spiders, meh. I've got stupid centipedes. Damn things scare the crap outta me scurrying across the floor. Only one or two around, but they give me the willies. One night one came scampering across my computer desk right behind my keyboard and I freaked out. I hate those things.

8. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    :O Centipedes are quite frightening too, but i still find the spiders to be so damn nasty :S I was once on a toilet in kroatia and then when i looked up on the toilet door i saw a BIG a** Spider which was the size of my hand with a yellow back crawling on the door. That scared the sh*t out of me, literally.... :S

9. Simplified

Simplified The Most Awesome

Reputations:
    I was once in a toilet in Paris. There was poop in the sink.

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I was once in a bathroom in paris and there was nothing but a hole in the ground in the stall... lulz.