The Hannspree HannsBook SN12E2 Thread!

Discussion in 'Hannspree' started by Thor316c, Oct 31, 2010.

1. motox22a

motox22a Newbie

Reputations:
    [
    I got the replacement battery today from Singapore...It looked exactly the same...Is the same capacity as stock and had the EXACT SAME STICKERS on it...Charged up to 100 percent no problems and my laptop has been running on it now for going on 3 hours and I'm on 64 percent...(I have a SSD installed)...So for $34 delivered in 3 weeks it was defnitely a good deal.
    See above link for ordering...

2. jvchawk

jvchawk Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I have just put my hands on a HannSpree SN12E2 (model: HSG1121). After surfing the web for 2 days I decide to write to this forum without being sure if someone is still using this device and also willingful to reply as the last message dated 8 months ago!
    To cut it short, the device was running W7HP 32-bit when I upgraded it to W10 Home 64-bit. Everything went perfect. Or nearly. It was the touchpad. It works but not the way the user's manual said it should. If you use one finger then there's no problem. With two fingers the cursor does not move. When I look in Device Manager/Mouse and other pointing devices, I see the touchpad is using the default Microsoft driver PS/2:

[​IMG]

I think there must be the specific driver for this model amongst the different manufacturers (Synaptics, ALPS, Elan, Cypress, etc...) and started to surf the web trying to download the driver from the HannSpree manufacturer. Well the link to HannSpree EU http://www.hannspree.eu/en/support led to nowhere. Actually there's no trace they have ever dealt with a notebook! The link to http://www.hannspree.com/us is dead like a stone too. I fear the company has simply shut down its business.
    Could someone please let me know which manufacturer of touchpad you can see from your "Device Manager/Mouse and other pointing devices" if you are running the pre-installed W7HP 32-bit? Based on this piece of information I could try to find the good driver. Many thanks.
    Otherwise, I learnt that the device is shipped with 2 CDs, one of them contains drivers (32-bit). If someone could be so nice to let me have the piece of touchpad driver, I would very much appreciate.

Many thanks for your help.

3. jvchawk

jvchawk Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, going through an excellent review in here (User Review: Hannspree Hannsbook - 12.1" Netbook) I found the driver was Sentelic Finger Sensing Pad and managed to download the version used by the 10" Hannsbooks. The driver is for both 32-bit and 64-bit and the touchpad works correctly now. Windows 10 Home 64-bit works like a charm on this nice little device. Problem closed.

4. jvchawk

jvchawk Newbie

Reputations:
    HTWingNut,
    Went to the above link again and again, last time today, and found it is always down. As your message dated back to Dec 2011 and we are in Oct 2015, I imagine Hannspree has closed its business and associated website meanwhile.
    I recently found a HANNSbook SN12E2, upgraded it to 4GB and installed Windows 10 64-bit on it. Everything seems OK but when I went through Device Manager, I found many deployed drivers (VGA, Camera, Touchpad...) are the default ones from Microsoft. As I wish to get an idea on the stability of the device while using the factory shipped drivers, I started to search on the web and came up to your post. In case you still have the W7 driver CD (shipped together with the W7 Recovery CD), I'm wondering if you don't mind letting me have an iso of it? Many thanks.