The Final Fantasy XV Release Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Raidriar, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The playable demo is out, and I'm going to assume the finished product will run very similar to this in the very near future release date. nVidia driver 391.01 supposedly added improved performance for FFXV, but game still seems to run very, very roughly for me on the 980M. Naturally, there is no SLI/CF support either, and trying to force AFR on 980M SLI yielded worse frames than the single 980M. On absolute maximum settings with everything turned on, frame rates would run in the 30-40 range on a single 980M, and in the 25-30 range with AFR forced. Kinda ridiculous that this game cannot run 1080P60 on a 980M. Not even a 1080TI could run FFXV maxed out at 4K60, they would get 40-48FPS. Hopefully CF/SLI support will be added down the road....

2. Vaeron

Vaeron Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wish they'd offer SLI support on their Final Fantasy games, but I highly doubt it at this point. With FF12: Zodiac Age, they didn't add it. With Secret of Mana, they didn't do online co-op. It feels like they'll just release it as it is.

Phoenix likes this.
  3. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    i dont understand exactly what you are saying, the benchmark gave me scores of fairly high performance ( https://imgur.com/a/rbtbU ), and stated that settings would need to be adjusted, you said running the game at "absolute maximum settings" yielded 30-40fps range, so it seems to be fairly accurate based on benchmarks, running the game at 1080p with some settings adjusted is exactly what the benchmark indicated for me.

4. Raidriar

Reputations:
    Yes but this is the only game that has ever given my 980M so much trouble, and I don't know why...it's not super good looking.

5. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    first and foremost its a port right, they are never optimized as well, secondly well simply put our 980m's are getting dated now, and some of the "extra" stuff you have turned on really puts strain on the gpu, if its a game your looking forward to enjoy it at lower settings at 1080p final fantasy games are more about the story than the bling anyways.

6. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    75.5 gb pre-load downloaded.

7. Vaeron

Vaeron Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    :eek:

killkenny1 and Atma like this.
  8. Sushi San

Sushi San Newbie

Reputations:
    I have gtx 965m, don't activate Nvidia Hairwork, don't even think of having nice looking grass.

Atma likes this.
  9. Raidriar

Reputations:
    That's obscene. Games are getting too large, too quickly.

Atma likes this.
  10. Raidriar

Reputations:
    For those on AMD GPUS: Crimson 18.3.1 is released for FFXV support