The favorite food/comfort food/food craving..what I am eating now or about to make..all food "inclusive" thread..:p XD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cin', May 2, 2011.

1. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

NB_Neenja and Fishon like this.
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Schweinshaxe

[​IMG]

3. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    Fishon, as our resident culinary expert - I have a question. I was at a Turkish place, and had their baked boneless chicken pieces. Super tender (and delish), and there did not seem to be any added oil. Whenever I bake, it turns out hard and dry. How do I bake so that it comes out tender?

4. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    I'd recommend purchasing organic chicken as I find the meat usually is more tender. I'd also recommend brining (both pork and chicken) overnight for best results. Take all the moisture off the meat by patting the meat dry with paper towels thoroughly- important as you want to brown and seal the meat, not steam. Add your seasonings or marinate and leave the meat on the counter, not in the refrigerator. This will insure even cooking and also an important step. Never from the frig directly to the oven. Don't just put the pieces on the pan, but elevate them on a rack. For pieces, I usually go with 350 degrees F for around 40 minutes depending on their size. Whole chicken, around an hour and fifteen minutes. Then I remove the chicken from the oven, turn up the heat to 500 degrees, place them back in until they are nicely golden brown which should just take a few minutes. Don't buy chicken without the skin as the skin keeps the meat moist. Just don't eat it if you don't want to. I believe the Turkish recipe you're referring does use skinless chicken, but it uses a yogurt sauce which will insulate the chicken pieces as well, so this is an exception. Finally, you may want to buy an instant read thermometer as the internal temp should be between 160-165 F.

NB_Neenja, Convel, Nick and 1 other person like this.
  5. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    $29 per pound around here, but spend $8 or so and you've got yourself a nice little piece. Has a very funky mushroom earthy finish that's just wild.

[​IMG]

6. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    Fishon likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
  8. NB_Neenja

NB_Neenja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How can one man have this much knowledge? :p

Can confirm, buy chicken with skin on. Makes a world of difference in many recipes.

9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Last night's roasted ling cod with mushrooms, onions, and a few peppers. Potato pie side dish.

[​IMG]

Convel likes this.
  10. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just want a Vegetable Tikka Masala dish. I've only ever had it once, during a trip out of town. Indian restaurants will typically make Chicken Tikka Masala, or rarely Paneer Tikka Masala. But I want a vegetable version... and I know of only one place, on the other side of the U.S. from me, that actually offers it. So damn good.