The Ever-Growing Free Mac OS X Software List

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Nick, Sep 5, 2010.

1. aliensony

aliensony Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well, apple makes its profits through HARDWARE -- its always been that way, with the advent of the apple store and apples marketing macs grew popular which created a need to actually pirate software. apple makes most of its money on hardware not software, thus they don't take measures to stop piracy.

and besides its only a fraction -- piracy would only account for about 30% of software purchases, there rest are either bought for personal usage or by businesses/enterprises.

2. 1ceBlu3

1ceBlu3 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Spectacle - Basically a free, yet more powerful/flexible version of Window Magnet.

4. Bytes-N-Stuff

Bytes-N-Stuff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Major issue? Probably not. Sure it's out there, but in my experience the majority of mac users fall under one of three categories.

1. Business that must buy the software, either their own personal business or a company itself where they can write it off on taxes anyway.
    2. Well off enough that they don't worry about it and just buy what they need
    3. Not very computer literate and wouldn't know where to find the software in the first place!
    Don't get me wrong, this is not to bash any Mac user, I love my 2013 rMBP, Just most people who care about pirating software are running Windows computers anyway