The computex is coming, I am looking forward to the new powerful laptop.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by RedPig, May 20, 2019.

1. RedPig

RedPig Newbie

Reputations:
    The computex is coming, I am looking forward to the new powerful laptop.
    would you let me know your suggestion for powerful laptop, i don't care the weight.
    I only move the computer during the summer vacation, or to join the Lan Party.
    so performance is what i care about.
    Let me know what it wothy.

2. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The only laptop news i'm interested in hearing from Computex is from Clevo. Hopefully they will announce a replacement for the P775/P870, but I have my doubts as to whether they will. Would be nice if MSI followed Alienware and moved back to socketed CPUs too.

jaybee83, amirbahalegharn and Papusan like this.
  3. Mark Haughey

Mark Haughey Newbie

Reputations:
    $2000 range - Lenovo Legion
    $2500 range - Razer Blade Pro 17
    $3000 range - MSI GS75 Stealth with 9th gen 6-core i7 9750 and RTX 2080 GPU.
    $3500 range - MSI GS75 Stealth 479 - Most powerful professional laptop you could find anywhere rocking the new Intel 9th gen 8-core i9 9880h and RTX 2080 GPU.

4. zoobaby

zoobaby Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been out of the notebook loop for a while. Just started some research this weekend as my older machines are.... well.... old.

Considering most high end laptops today were announced at CES, how long of a delay from announcement to release from Computex should we expect?

5. amirbahalegharn

amirbahalegharn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hopefully a clevo or msi with support for 3rd gen AMD desktop cpu although clevo said they won't work with amd to release new models but hopefully after toady's keynote,they welcome AMD into their products as well. hopefully as arrrrbol said,a new successor with better design and higher spec(like pcie4 or TB4.0 plus NVlink rtx2080 ) would be introduced to overthrown the current P870tm,p775tm,p751tm lineups. there is 660W adaptor made in china instead of using 2X330W ones,so hopefully clevo also re-make their power brick and maybe in smaller-footprint as well.

6. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    SLI, or NVlink, is dead in laptops, and has really been dead for years. As well, MSI announced their GT76 with RTX (MXM?) and a LGA 1151 socket as a A51m competitor, GN has a good video on it.

7. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The GT76 has a BGA GPU unfortunately

jaybee83 and Papusan like this.
  8. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any news on CLEVO? I wish a new chassis with full 2080ti gpu with 9900KS cpu and 240 1440P IPS bezel less monitor

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Alienware have now copycat Apple once again. If BGA wasn't enough for both Cpu and graphics... Finally soldered on ram on the MB for their coming refresh of Alienware m15 and m17 linup. Remember opt for maxed ram specs because if you go with the cheaper 8GB ram options you're screwed if you later want put in more ram... Isn't 8GB ram more than enough for tomorrows gamingbook?o_O

What's next on the Apple trip? Soldered wifi card or soldered storage? Dell got even rid of the 3rd storage option (Sata slot) and shrinked the battery capacity to be able to make the chassis 11% thinner...

Computex 2019 | New Dell Alienware m15 R2 is essentially a miniaturized Area-51m
    There are a couple of downsides on the Alienware m15 R2. Battery capacity has dropped to 76 Wh from 90 Wh on last year's model and system RAM is now soldered and non-upgradeable up to 16 GB DDR4-2666 only. Dell says they will offer 32 GB options in the future when the appropriate DIMMs become available(which means you have to buy a new laptop). It's disappointing that not even one SODIMM slot will available as even the less expensive and slightly thinner Asus Zephyrus G GA502 offers the feature. Yeah, this is called progress!!

[​IMG]
    Computex 2019 | Alienware m17 R1 is barely six months old, gets completely refreshed with even thinner Alienware m17 R2

[​IMG]

Ashtrix likes this.
  10. rickybambi

rickybambi Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've been reading and watching all the videos as they are coming out but one thing that hasn't been mentioned that I found on Gigabyte's website for their refreshed Aero 15 is the fact that they will be using Thermal Grizzly paste. It doesn't specifically say whether it's for CPU or CPU and GPU but I thought it was interesting.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15-OLED--Intel-9th-Gen

Flying Endeavor and jaybee83 like this.