The CF-28 FAQ

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Wyoming88!, May 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Wyoming88!

Wyoming88! Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok. Thanks UNCNDL1

2. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    When you try to install W7 on a 28 W7 will give you a warning that your computer does not meet W7 spec. of 1 GHz CPU and 1 GB of RAM minimum. It would not let me install it. I did install it on a CF-29 and took the HDD out and put it in the 28 . Got a lot of drivers workings but holy crap it was some slow. It would take 10-12 minutes to start. My CF-28 was a MK3. Still have it now...it's my first Toughbook. My wifi antenna was a rubber one on the left front side . Worked some good at the time (10 years ago) Might dig it out sometime and post a picture of it. Thanks to @Toughbook (Rick) for helping me with my very first mod.

Wyoming88! and katalin_2003 like this.
  3. User32

User32 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Windows 7 on a CF-28 dear god no, stick with XP or better yet Linux.

With that being said, a late (Mk4) CF-29 can easily run Windows Thin PC, I run TPC on a Latitude D810 (Pentium M era machine) and it runs very, very well with just 2GB RAM and a 1.73 GHz Pentium M Dothan. although it also has a SSD and the ATI X600 dedicated GPU which might make all the difference in running like garbage or being very useful

Wyoming88! likes this.
  4. Wyoming88!

Reputations:
    Funny thing is is that windows vista will run but hold crap is it laggy. I mean simple games like MS Golf will run in XP at decent speeds but in vista I was lucky to have drivers, anything. I switched back to 2000 Datacenter as I use my CF-28 as a workhorse for my wifi and server as its almost always on unless it’s in my truck (I also bought a car thing for it) or being used to play P3 games or radio stuff and hooked up to my homemade CB radio thing that shows what it says on the screen and a lot of other things.

5. Wyoming88!

Reputations:
    Is there a CF-27 FAQ because I might make one? Although to anyone who wants to add just comment and I will add it copy and paste but ehhhh who cares