The CF-28 F.A.Q. - Read me before posting

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Modly, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffey7

coffey7 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I discovered something while doing google searches. This is the only site that has people that know anything about toughbooks. If you can't find the info here then it is not there to be had.

2. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    AMEN :)... that's cuz its a small niche market that we all love :)... no one really will understand us until they buy a Toughbook then they will understand

3. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Did we ever decide that you can install a non-touch LCD into a CF-28 WITH a touchscreen.... I have a CF-28 that I was going to put up on ebay and the screen flickers... So I swapped in a non-touch LCD... The touchscreen works perfectly but the colors are skewed toward the blue spectrum. I can counteract this to some degree by adjusting the Gamma of the display... But I can't sell it it like this.... I have some other screens so I'll swap it out again... But I am curious....

4. Doobi

Doobi ToughBook DeityInTraining

Reputations:
    I with you TB, I don't recall that nut ever getting cracked. It went back and forth for a while, but I don't think anyone got a definitive yes or no. Maybe now is the time?

5. Toughbook

Reputations:
    Well... I did some searching and found this....

BUT.... I can't find the jumpers he speaks of and he never posted a picture....

6. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    Well! One of our forum member ( Greg B ) gave me one unit of cf-28 600Mhz part with 12' screen on which does not display properly or configure to 12" screen. According to him he bought this unit originally with 13" screen that he only need the 13" screen to swap to his cf-28 800mhz and it works fine after the swapped. Then he put the 12" sreen to this unit that has originally with 13" screen and it display half way means not configure to be exact.

Fortunately "Toughbook" reposted this topic and I realized I have to do something with this unit. I Just followed the instruction above by taking out the 0 ohm resistor to configure to 12" screen and it works like a charm. The display, display properly now.Here is the photo of the Jumper and a resistor that I have taken out from the Mbo.

ohlip

Attached Files:

7. Toughbook

Reputations:
    Teo saves the day again! Thanks... I looked all over and couldn't find it... But I was looking at the other end for me reason... The other guy said that it was close to the touchpad.

Thanks Teo...

8. ohlip

ohlip Toughbook Modder

Reputations:
    Maybe the guy(pipe) refering to a directional area. My reference! is the half spher solder by using a magnifying glass.

teo

9. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Teo, its bugging me... how do you pronounce your screen name?!?!

Is is "oil-ip"? or "ohh-lip"

10. Toughbook

Reputations:
    I always think of Oh lip...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.