The CF-28 F.A.Q. - Read me before posting

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Modly, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holiday

Holiday Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    HELP ,, THANKS ,, 802.11 a/b/g wireless mod_ CF-28 1ghz Ive got my Engenius Senao EMP-8602+s 600mw card and am waiting on rubber duck ext ant an cable u.fl rp sma pigtail,, so im looking thru the threads and asking did i miss something DO I ALSO NEED TO INSTALL THE 3 COM CARD .. you SEE i honestly dont know what a 3 com card is what it does or which one i would need ??? I hate to ask this but im a newbie that needs clarity...Thanks again..

2. Holiday

Holiday Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Another CF-28 question ?? the old dail up phone jack connections can they be removed to allow more room to work with the hidden pcmcia card ( provided one sealed the area back up ) ???

3. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    Of course you CAN remove those jacks; there's no end to the damage you can do with a Dremel. As for the 3Com card; if you're going to get rid of the LAN & MODEM jacks, you don't need to worry about it. We use the 3Com Combo card to free up one mini-PCMCIA slot without losing the LAN or MODEM connections.

mnem
    Typing with your thumbs is a wholly unnatural act...

4. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Holiday... Yes... You DO have more reading to do...

I think the FAQ pretty much answers all the questions if you start from the beginning. If not, and you search and find something else of value, just let me know and I'll add it here. If we keep asking more and more questions and the thread gets longer and longer... Nobody will actually want to read to find the answers... So... If you have a CF-28 question that is not covered in this thread... Please post it in the main forum either as a new question or a continuation of an existing one.

Thanks! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.