The CF-28 F.A.Q. - Read me before posting

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Modly, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parahawk13

parahawk13 Newbie

Reputations:
    Toughbook, I am looking at getting spare parts for the 28 I have now and maybe get another to work on. I use my 28 now for amature radio and it works GREAT:) though I would love to get a CF-18 for the tablet function. This is a great forum both with the Panasonic and the other groups. Thanks for all the help so far...

2. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    parahawk13... Let me phrase my question a different way... What specific parts are you looking for? Or do you want to buy doubles of everything just in case? :confused:

How do you use the CF-28 with Amateur Radio? Just curious... My Dad used to be a Ham. He was the one who got me taking things apart to see what made them work. I inherited my "I MUST HAVE THAT" gene from him. :D

3. parahawk13

parahawk13 Newbie

Reputations:
    Toughbook, I want at least a 2nd 28 to toy with so I can keep my primary one for my Ham radio. I would also like to get a CF-18. I use my 28 for all parts of my Ham radio, APRS, D-STAR (digital) SSTV, mapping and to program my radios....You should get in the hobby, it goes well with computers..PM me if you need info..:)

4. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Just a heads up on cf-18's parahawk
    The cf-18 touchscreen model has a serial port like the cf-28's
    The cf-18 digitizer has no com port
    Thats important to note if you are programing radios

Alex

5. parahawk13

parahawk13 Newbie

Reputations:
    Tomcat, Thanks for the info. If need be I can use a USB to serial adapter, which I need to use on my ePC...

Kurt

6. rly3065

rly3065 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi I had the 30 gig HD in my CF-28S3JGZKM crash and I replaced it with IDE 160 gig anyway , I lost all my data and I had no boot disk so I bought one off the web, and my computer now boots up from my cd drive but I is not seeing my HD. Can somebody please tell me how to get it to see my Hd so I can get it formated.

7. biggamehunter

biggamehunter Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Try to reseat the hard drive caddy in the laptop. If it did not make a connection it will not see the drive.

8. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    You would probably get a better response to this question in the main forum... As BigGame said... Try reseating the hard drive... You might also want to check the boot order in the BIOS...

9. Mark40930

Mark40930 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info, should be plenty to get my recently acquired CF-28 up and running.:)

10. Regen

Regen Newbie

Reputations:
    I recently purchased a CF-28 and the rubber power supply port cover is warn to the point of not staying shut. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement rubber cover for the power port? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.