[The big Race] The worst Clevo of my life. (How to put 6 grands in a paperweight)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by LaPlume, May 9, 2018.

1. LaPlume

LaPlume Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well as said in the original post, I had been in contact with eurocom support for a lot of stuff.
    This computer already did a full back and forth through RMA (that I paid shipping for) as from day 1, both the crossfire AND the keyboard were defective, and it took them almost a full year for it to happen, as at first the guy I talked with was even unable to answer mails, looked like pretending I wasn't able to use the numLock key... (the last 2 right columns of keys were not working at all, numlock enabled or not).
    Back from RMA with a new keyboard, and a new card for 0$ on the bill, had to pay taxes cause new stuff coming through local frontier, yeay, and the crossfire wasn't working, and I was out of the 1year warranty.

I don't think I would call that "willing to rectify the issues".

As for selling it back to Eurocom, they proposed a 25% off of their new stuff for trading in the panther 5.
    And sending a 5k2$ computer (that cost me 6k with shipping and RMA shipping and RMA taxes), given I would have to pay at least 150-200 bucks again for shipping it again, and that I'm not that willing on going that whole rodeo twice to end up making a venting out post on here in 4 years cause I would have been stuck with a brick again... let's say I would be better off selling just the ram and cpu, tossing to trash the rest, gpu included, and buying something @ >any ever< other clevo reseller.

Also, having learnt that Prema has stopped distributing his biosmods due to some poopy-behavior from an user who leaked one of his bios-mod, I guess I'm out of luck to use one for my 6k Brick.
    I actually managed to find back some of his bios still up somehow (won't tell how, as it's against his will), but not the p570wm one.
    Any idea of any bios that could be at least a tiny bit better than Eurocom's one, which apparently isn't even able to communicate correctly with XTU, and is full of "To be filled by OEM" stuff when ever I fire up HWinfo or any other similar software?
    To give you an idea, this bios doesn't even allow me to modify anything else than the boot options and PXE thingy. Not even the cpu clock multiplier!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Why dont you just flash the latest Clevo BIOS?

All you gonna lose is the logo that shows up at boot...

https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P570WM/

There is BIOS and EC in there, those are from Clevo, and its BIOS 1.03.06 and EC 1.03.03.

Or get it from Eurocom, they also have BIOS on their site..

http://www.eurocom.com/ec/faqs(282)CLEVO_P570WM_SAGER_NP9570

They call their BIOS version 0307 and their EC 0303.

I dont get this whole rant about BIOS, Clevos are mediocre/crap machines without custom firmware to fix all their limitations, and half the value of a Clevo is in having a good modded BIOS, since there are no more "free" Prema BIOS and you have to buy from X store to get it, forget Clevos and their 2000 designs.

3. LaPlume

LaPlume Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well the "rant" wasn't much of a rant. If that's a big "venting out time" you want to read, that's the #1 that would feel your needs.

And I was just wondering if someone had any other potential options than Clevo's bios, and I would pick them over Eurocom's without any doubts.

And it's hard to forget about when you are 6k in.

tiliarou likes this.
  4. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    What do you mean with fix all their limitations?

You do realize Premafied BIOS still doesn't fix lots of problems right? P37x cant OC ram even with Premabios without bug.

@LaPlume seriously, just get over it. You're punishing yourself more by holding to the junk instead of purchasing a thin and light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BB7XN8C/ref=psdc_13896615011_t4_B07BWT2H56
    1600USD notebook kills your worthless crap in any application be it CPU only or GPU.

5. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe should have used some, didn't know that even with Prema bios there are still bugs/limitations left after, their firmware must be something else then...

6. Usama

Usama Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, maybe this is a bit off topic. But I just want to say I was on the verge of buying a Eurocom X7C very soon since my Alienware 17r5 flopped. However after reading your story and whole journey, I now thank you that you helped stop me front buying a loaded machine that would have set me back $3500 CAD without thinking it over twice. Without adequate customer service, good hardware won't be very good if a problem arises. Ontop of the ongoing Clevo issue with disabled turbo boost during operation, this story about Eurocom really enlightened me (Eurocom is the only reseller here in Canada that is known well and locally available).