[The big Race] The worst Clevo of my life. (How to put 6 grands in a paperweight)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by LaPlume, May 9, 2018.

1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Why would I? You said it can't SLI, I prove you wrong. Doesn't mean it does a good job @ SLI or can run all games (in this case any other than ashes of the benchmark).
    Not to mention that OP doesn't want SLI cards, since he doesn't do gaming. He just needs a decent card for cuda rendering as it seems.

Since you dislike reading let me quote OP:
    Which means:
    GTX 1060 >>>>>>>>>> GTX 980M.

2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That example of "SLI" doesn't use an SLI bridge, it communicates over PCIe. So technically it's mGPU, not SLI.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Really they need a proper system to present both GPUs as one with the high bandwidth even if it means going back to an abstraction layer, just a universally supported one.

4. LaPlume

LaPlume Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Update:
    My Ebay auction for it expired the 27th of december.
    Reminder of the specs: i7 4960x, 32GB of ram, x1 HD8970M, not a single scratch, w/out drives, with 2 chargers and carrying travel case.
    Bidding starting @ 500€.
    Basically starting the auction @ processor and ram's refurb market price, and not a single bid on it.

Depending of the auction's end price, I would maybe have canceled it, but I wasn't excepting 0 bidding on it.

At that point I'm about to do what I did to an other laptop of mine (compaq n610c): max it out just because why not, and suck as much usefullness of it as I can, for lulz, no care if it's worth it as long as I'm having FINALLY at least a bit of fun with it.
    (in the n610c 's case: usb2.0 through 1 pcmcia, pcmcia video capture internally wired, 2gigs of ram; double officially supported amount, msata SSD > msata-to-ide adapter, processor upgrade and custom cooling, dualbandwifi instead of bluetooth in the screen lid, 1990-2005 "retro" gaming)

I'm wondering if there is a pin-out difference between 2.1 and 2.2a revs of the motherboard or something, haven't found an answer to that for now.
    I remember DanisBlunt talking about "HM" series pin out locking them to 680m at best.

Yes, I'm at that point I don't really care anymore, I have a soldering iron, steady enough hands, and free time! (car got stomped, and basically don't have a job again rn)

5. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Why don't you try the marketplace here on NBR?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That's a great suggestion for anyone wanting to sell a notebook, but there is one problem with it in this case.
    ** Marketplace Rules and Regulations ** (MUST READ BEFORE POSTING!)

Danishblunt and Papusan like this.
  7. Danishblunt

Reputations:
  8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Only another 73 reasonable posts and he would qualify.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. LaPlume

LaPlume Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I... didn't thought ranting, venting and straight financial suicide was qualifying as "quality posts", but I'm fine with that :D

Also, on top of the MB rev, and even with 32gig and a extreme cpu in it, it got a non-english keyboard layout. (yeay, azerty~) One other strong point that doesn't help selling it outside of france. Even Belgium are slightly different, and Swiss is using qwerty.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Just out of curiosity, did you try calling or sending an email to support@eurocom.com to see if they are willing to rectify the issues? The P570WM/Panther was an awesome product and I really enjoyed mine.

Do you have a link to your eBay auction? There are some customers out there that have a fleet of these beasts and they are still in demand. Perhaps Eurocom would be willing to buy or facilitate a sale to help you out.

Papusan likes this.