[The big Race] The worst Clevo of my life. (How to put 6 grands in a paperweight)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by LaPlume, May 9, 2018.

1. LaPlume

LaPlume Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's right, USD. In Europe, we don't exactly have the same prices... And I'm not sure I can have even 2k2... well maybe? Someone here want a P5 motherboard rev2.1, which don't work?
    The thing is shipping it is already an issue, and second-hand computers only sell well where I am when we're speaking of servers.

Unless someones is actually willing to buy it, or trade it, I'll be waiting for the rev2.1 motherboard gods on this forum to tell me if it worked with this rev, and if yes, how?

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There are some here who are willing to buy it anyways, I mean it is technically working, it does boot, just as expected it's not optimal, far from it. There are some who would like to fiddle with it and pay a premium just for the privilege of having a "rare" notebook.

In the end its up to you, for all I care you can spend even more money and pray that it will work and that it never breaks because getting new parts is pricey and hard as it is.

I'm amazed that after all the years you still consider trying to fix it, despite that thing being so unreliable and garbage that it even cost a job.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Yeah, what you want him to buy is 100% small form factor broken crap with MSI’s well known useless battery boost, near 100C degrees overheating mess and below Intel’s promised Base clock frequency. What a great advice to @LaPlume :rolleyes:
    7902624D-83E3-4092-8832-B80F04884334.jpeg He should stay far away from this, Thin and flimsy MSI mess!!

Ashtrix, oSChakal, Falkentyne and 2 others like this.
  4. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    @LaPlume - I'm sorry to see that you've had both problems with the laptops and in your personal life over the last few years. Crossfire models have been notoriously dodgy in terms of especially driver support and they (including most AMD chassis models) either work incredibly well, or just give up the ghost. I know that I have seen my fair share of customers who have had ongoing problems with AMD GPUs and drivers, often there's really no 100% fix and I can tell you for a fact that almost all the major Clevo resellers/System Integrators had similarly huge support issues with the AMD models.

That aside, I'm not replying here to argue one side against another and I certainly don't want to comment on the support you received - would be unfair of anyone really to do so as we weren't in either your or Eurocom's shoes.

Let's not start defending entities that aren't defending themselves on here by implementing speculation. It's also not on (in my opinion) to suggest that a customer hasn't been diligent enough in their communication or forceful enough in their quest for a response or solution.

You need to be really careful here - what you've suggested is that Eurocom's Quality Assurance is not adequate (or doesn't exist, which is why you act as the QA) to ensure that a customer would receive a working product - that's an extremely slippery slope. "Optimised" - perhaps yes, but "working"??...also let's remember that there's a difference between a heatsink which can be manipulated to optimisation vs AMD Crossfire drivers which were severely lacking, plus BIOS/EC thrown in the mix - that's a completely different ball game. Also, maybe consider change your profile text to "Official Eurocom Reseller" - that describes much better what service you offer - there's no such thing as an "Official Clevo Reseller" ;-)

Getting pretty serious for a minute though, I think I'm completely justified in calling this out:

You've just told the internet that half of your company's business comes about via tax fraud.....................I'm not even going to go into how that could come back to bite you, or your customers, or how it's massively unfair on the law abiding companies who operate legitimately (including the ones represented on nbr) that you're taking customers away from.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    In CPU bound situations the 6 core running consistently over 4GHz is going to come out on top for sure.

It was a brick, but even now it holds its own in that regard.

oSChakal likes this.
  6. LaPlume

Reputations:
    Well I know I've been ranting quite a bit, but really what I'm looking for is not to expose eurocom, for all I care about their well being, but to have, myself, an affordable solution in hands.
    For there is, I'm sure, GPUs that would perform well even if I have to flash the bios, or even route&solder cables from point a b and c to point d e and f.

As in the defense of woodzstack, there is legal tricks to avoid some taxes, even if he's doing it, as long as it is legal and doesn't hurt someone but politician's pockets, he's a white hat! (Tho I don't know if he is, anyway, it's not something to ask.)

And as for the MSI laptop and such, yeah, unless I freaking void warranty day 1 to liquidmetal cool it, it's not really what I need...
    Even aside of cooling issues!
    Boot times! For what I care... I would like it to run 24/7!
    Drive speed? Tell me how I cram 2 9mm 2TB SSHDs in that for ingest files, renders and stuff, I then I would consider it...
    4 usb? It would be PC gangbang all day with no free hole!
    No express card slot? I don't expressly need it, but I do have a decent express capture card... 1 more thing I would loose
    (or I would have to do capures on a secondary computer... and the only ones with express card slots are a x200 and a x201.)
    And even without all of that... content creation on 15".. thanks!

No seriously, I need rev2.1 gods to answer! :D

7. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Why is this thread even still going on?

Just get a 980M or even two (better non-g-sync) or a single 1060/1070 in MXM-b format and be done with it.

DreDre, woodzstack, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  8. LaPlume

Reputations:
    In the simplest world I would, but I lack datas to narrow down the odds.

The thing is we hear few calls of people being fine with rev 2.1, calls of people having issues with rev 2.1, and people being fine with rev don't mentioned.

I know I shouldn't go g-sync already as my screen doesn't support it as-is (cause originally shipped with amd cards), tho I heard there is a lot of different models of 1060-1070 MXM 3.0b out there... some advertised by eurocom, who call for rev2.2a+ MBs, and their GPUs are far from the cheapest at that...

I only have 1 try.

9. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    okay no need to slander me here.

I can charge whatever I want for my services, and I do not encourage or do anything illegal, that is not what I am saying. You having a bad day or something, I feel your slandering me here in all honesty.

EUROCOM like any company has thier own quality control, as everyone knows, but acting as a third party, I add my own level to it as well. Thats the obviousness of what I am suggesting and out right saying.

As for declaring of taxes and stuff, many customers do not know that if you send something in for work and have it sent back to you, you should not be paying taxes on, because you've exported it and imported it back, so clearly, running a business and in the mindset to help people, I make sure they know how to do the paperwork to get that done, if you are not sure how that's done, perhaps I can help you and your company, when people buy from me and also say, within Canada but not in Quebec for instance, they do not need to pay HST so much as only GST, because I am located in Quebec, some companies try and charge you all the taxes etc...

I do my taxes and provide all legal documentation for everyday. When I sell outside of Canada, I do not charge taxes unless I need to, in order to avoid customs own service charges and such, most of the time, I handle it myself, same on importation, I try and broker it myself save my customers a penny here and there etc...

If I am selling something, and my services were many hours going into it, I do not add the value of my time to the invoice of the declared value of the products, because that is not actually how it works, even if a customer paid me 50$ to service his laptop, the value does not go up by 50$

So maybe there is a misunderstanding. I do not make my customers pay the importation on the value of my services, that does not add to the declared value, as I have been instructed it is legal, theres no tricks. Not sure what you were getting at, but I do everything in my power to help my customers, I genuinely try to care.
    I am not here advocating anything illegal, and EUROCOM and I are partners, in that I do business with them officially very heavily, for all the things said about them and those who do business with them, it's easy to only see or hear negativity, however, theres still a reason we do business with them thats very positive, but no company is perfect, and offering myself as a method to overcome the downsides of a larger company by working 1 on 1 with my customers is what I do. Like why be a number and forgotten next week, right ? There's value there. There is also value in getting a second look at almost everything of value that you have personally made or configured for you, by a third party. In the world, people make whole careers out of that for so many things, ranging from quotes for housing and cars to travelling tickets back to computers etc... you get me right ?

I am also registered as a reseller for other companies as well, not just EUROCOM, I just favor them because we're like a close knit family.

10. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    no idea... for my part I was tagged, my bad.