The Best Paid for Antivirus 2012

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by MrLost, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrLost

MrLost Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Would you say it uses less resources than BD?

2. Steven

Steven God Amongst Mere Mortals

Reputations:
    We'll, I've heard people comment on how good the protection Bitdefender Internet Security offers online and then I've heard how ESET is light and works as good as BD. They both seem pretty much equal to my eyes.

BD review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haJiKTPlaUA

3. Patrck_744

Patrck_744 Burgers!

Reputations:
    It's not gonna matter if you have a beffy processor like the basic quads. Whatever you choose, just make sure to configure it properly.

4. MrLost

MrLost Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That makes sense, how would you go about doing this? The ESET comes with a gaming mode which stops everything from running when playing a game (I think thats pretty neat), but otherwise, say the BD doesn't how do you configure yours?

5. tonyr6

tonyr6 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just renewed ESET Nod32 on three PC's. Had to call them to do it though? It is the only Anti-Virus I trust and I have been using it since 2004.

6. Wolf04

Wolf04 Sony Fanatic

Reputations:
    I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 on my home laptop and despite the slight slowdown of Windows 7 at start-up, can't complain about the software. It runs fine and has been able to protect me from whatever malware I come across.

7. MrLost

MrLost Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Alright haha, I think I'm sold on ESET; thanks all!

-Mod can close this thread whenever, unless it's of use!

8. Bartlett

Bartlett The Prophet

Reputations:
    True. I just fixed one up that had AVG and Norton Endpoint installed. AVG is resource heavy and just a flop.

9. hellrazor

hellrazor Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I prefer bit defender it has cleaned many viruses from friends computers that some other scanners could not detect, I tried trend micro titanium maximum security this year but I'm not too pleased with it I'm going back to bit defender and they are now having a sale 80% off do just 15 bucks I'm gonna get it even though my trend micro still has another 7 months, I like it because u can use it in basic mode if you need to( for the missus) and expert mode for myself haha.

10. Abidderman

Abidderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not one AV catches all. However, the Suites are normally large and cumbersome. I have used Eset and AVG, both worked well with the above mentioned Malwarebytes. Over the last year or two though I have changed to MSE and Malwarebytes. Very fast, lean, and free. Do some research, and you will see that there is no single company that absolutely catches everything everytime. However, you also should not run more than one at a time. But don't be fooled that paying is better than not. And the absolute most important things... watch what you do, where you go, and don't blindly open links.

Everyday there are people working overtime to come up with new tricks, and it is after they do that the AV companies can respond. So don't think anyone can come out with a great AV against something not yet in the wild. Research, google, and learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.